Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Thanksgiving- Beaune 1ers, Rhys, Sancerres, Beaujolais, etc

Wednesday Betsy made rabbit roasted on a bed of guanciale, watercress, radicchio, and dandelions. Wine was the 1987 Drouhin Beaune-Greves 1er. Pretty.. ,mature wine- good black cherry fruit accented with spice and mushroom. Resolved tannin, good acids, good length. A-

Thanksgiving was at Betsys sisters, but we did the turkey, 3 dressings (oyster, giblet, and a quinoa/duck sausage for the GF crowd), gravies, etc. Others did sweet potatoes, salmon, beans, Brussels sprouts, pies, and more.

When I dropped off a table and a couple chairs, I dropped some wine as well.. The
Raventos €śNit€ť Cava rosado was apparently gone by time we arrived. Plenty of other wines:

2009 Reinhold Haart Piesporter Grafenberg Riesling Kabinett #7
Nice showing, peach and tropical fruit, orange zest, balanced sugars and acids, nice length. B+

2016 Pastou Sancerre Vieilles Vignes
Softer style, round with apple and grapefruit touch of grass. B/B-

2011 Rhys Bearwallow Pinot Noir
Bigger than my previous Rhys experiences, ripe black plum and cherry, coffee. Some tannin, moderate acids, good finish. Good but not outstanding. B/B+

2014 La Petite Fontaine Cotes du Rhone
Plums and kirsch, a bit short. B-

2015 Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon
Sweet, fleshy, roasted, and clipped. C/C+

2015 Pavillon de Chavannes €śCuvee des Ambassades€ť Cote de Brouilly
Nice showing, red cherry and pomegranate, espresso, spice. Good length, nicely balanced. B++

Next day opened a few oysters, followed that with lemon sole with panko, broccoli rabe, and leftover stuffing. 2015 Forja de Salnes €śLeirana Finca Genoveva€ť ( RĂ*as Baixas) . Wow, full bodied (but only 12..7% abv) but bright acids, pear and white peach, lots of citrus zest and some almond. Long and pure. A-/B+

Saturday up to see friends in Scarborough, they had out local cheeses hummus, baba ganoush
2015 Vattan Calcaire. Straightforward SB, citrus with a little grass, good acids, moderate length. B

Dinner was salmon, salad, and roasted broccoli. The 2011 Drouhin Morgon is showing nicely- black cherry, smoke, and a little herb. Nicely balanced. B+

Sunday was a lovely dry-aged ribeye, butternut squash risotto, spinach/parsley salad with a lemon/caper/mustard vinaigrette. Wine was the 2002 Ch.de Chorey (Germain) €śVignes Franches VV €ť Beaune 1er. Black cherry, sandalwood spice, a little meaty note, a touch of mocha. Medium to full bodied, good length, fresh but drinking well. B+/A-

TN: 2006 Chassagne 1ers with and without TCA, 2 2013 roses DaleW Wine 0 10-05-2014 09:19 PM
TN: 2 Sancerres, some other French, couple Spanish and German, one(cheap) Australian DaleW Wine 0 04-03-2012 02:31 AM
TN: '95 Hospices de Beaune Beaune DaleW Wine 0 03-08-2010 02:31 PM
TN: CA, Beaune, MSR DaleW Wine 3 30-01-2009 11:23 PM
TN: Beaune 1er DaleW Wine 2 05-09-2006 02:50 PM