FoodBanter.com

-   -   Napa and Sonoma county wildfires (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/442065-napa-sonoma-county-wildfires.html)

[email protected] 10-10-2017 09:41 AM

Napa and Sonoma county wildfires

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

DaleW 10-10-2017 05:03 PM

Napa and Sonoma county wildfires

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:41:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

Pretty horrific. Some important and historic wineries threatened and a couple reportedly loss, but that pales next to loss of life and entire blocks of homes destroyed.

Bi!! 10-10-2017 06:58 PM

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:41:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> > https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

> Pretty horrific. Some important and historic wineries threatened and a couple reportedly loss, but that pales next to loss of life and entire blocks of homes destroyed.

My Sister in Law and her husband in Santa Rosa lost everyting.

Mark Lipton[_1_] 10-10-2017 07:03 PM

On 10/10/17 1:58 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:41:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

>> Pretty horrific. Some important and historic wineries threatened and a couple reportedly loss, but that pales next to loss of life and entire blocks of homes destroyed.

> My Sister in Law and her husband in Santa Rosa lost everyting.

So sorry to hear that, Bill. The devastation in Santa Rosa sounds bad
indeed. My relatives in the Bay Area are talking about the smoke from
the fires, but that's it.

Mark Lipton

Mark Lipton[_1_] 10-10-2017 07:05 PM

On 10/10/17 12:03 PM, DaleW wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:41:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

> Pretty horrific. Some important and historic wineries threatened and a couple reportedly loss, but that pales next to loss of life and entire blocks of homes destroyed.

Yes, over 1500 homes lost in Santa Rosa alone. The Silverado Resort was
completely evacuated, too. Most worrisome is that no one seems to have
heard from Lou and Betty Lu Kessler since this started.

Mark Lipton

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 10-10-2017 07:08 PM

On 10/10/17 11:58 AM, Bi!! wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:41:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

>> Pretty horrific. Some important and historic wineries threatened and a couple reportedly loss, but that pales next to loss of life and entire blocks of homes destroyed.

> My Sister in Law and her husband in Santa Rosa lost everyting.

That's terrible. I know a lot of people in that area especially wine
makers and have been emailing back and forth with several of them who
have lost property but the loss of life is really devastating.

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 10-10-2017 07:10 PM

On 10/10/17 12:05 PM, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 10/10/17 12:03 PM, DaleW wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:41:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

>> Pretty horrific. Some important and historic wineries threatened and a couple reportedly loss, but that pales next to loss of life and entire blocks of homes destroyed.
>>

> Yes, over 1500 homes lost in Santa Rosa alone. The Silverado Resort was
> completely evacuated, too. Most worrisome is that no one seems to have
> heard from Lou and Betty Lu Kessler since this started.
>
> Mark Lipton

Is there a fire in Lompoc as well. I thought that was where they were.

Dan the Man 11-10-2017 01:02 PM

Napa and Sonoma county wildfires

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:03:46 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:41:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> > https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b072637c457382

> Pretty horrific. Some important and historic wineries threatened and a couple reportedly loss, but that pales next to loss of life and entire blocks of homes destroyed.

The news report I heard stated that a football field was being consumed by this inferno every THREE SECONDS. Stunning...

Mark Lipton[_1_] 11-10-2017 04:55 PM

On 10/10/17 2:10 PM, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

>> Yes, over 1500 homes lost in Santa Rosa alone.Â* The Silverado Resort was
>> completely evacuated, too.Â* Most worrisome is that no one seems to have
>> heard from Lou and Betty Lu Kessler since this started.
>>
>> Mark Lipton
>>

> Is there a fire in Lompoc as well. I thought that was where they were.

Nope. A FB friend has heard from Lou: they're fine, but had to relocate
10 mi S (sounds like to Napa proper). Like many others there, sounds
like they had to leave at a moment's notice.

Mark Lipton