Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 03 Pauillac, organic/natural wines, 2 SBs, Barolo

With lamb and delicata squash, I had a glass of the 2003 Clerc Milon. Not as roasted as I expected, but pretty tannic and tight. I took it along to local groups monthly tasting, an hour or two of air let it open some.. Very sweet cassis fruit , but no "03 heat (label only says 13%), tannic, new oak, some smoke. B

Marc had some nice charcuterie and cheese out, theme was broad- Organic/natural wine from Southern Europe.

2014 Volpaia €śCitto€ť (Tuscany)
I just guessing Merlot or CS from Languedoc or something. Just says €śorganic grapes€ť no variety mentioned. Ripe plummy fruit, a little vanilla, lower acid. B-

2015 Chantereves L Intrus
Apparently this is Rhone Syrah vinified in Burgundy. Bright, with tangy berry fruit, fun and reminds me of the Texier Chat Fou. B/B+

2011 Foillard €śCote du Puy€ť Morgon
Mine. First guesses were Burgundy, then Fred got Beaujolais. Rich black cherry fruit, smoke and coffee, little herby note. Long finish. Delish. A-

2015 Rocca di Montegrossi Chianti Classico
Good acids, bright, cherry and leather. B+/B

2013 Domaine Boisson Cotes du Rhone
Somewhat red jammy fruit, lower acid, decent finish. B-

2006 Mustilli Aglianico (Sant' Agata dei Goti)
Big, still tannic, long. Darker fruited. B/B+

2015 Mannucci Droandi Chianti Colli Aretini
Fresh red and black cherry, earth, mushrooms. Nicely structured. Good deal for $11 B/B+

With scallops over pasta and caprese, the 2013 Schiopetto Sauvignon (Collio). Soft, formless, melon fruit and short. This is SB? This is Collio? Disappointing. C+/C

2016 Luc and Noel Raimbault Sancerre
Touch of grass and gooseberry, some citrus and a little flinty minerality. B

With more leftover lamb and a turnip/leek soup, the 2012 Mirafiore Barolo. Stern chewy tannins, good acids, herb and red cherry. I think this will be a good deal ($25), but it needs time. B- for drinking now.