Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2009 Domaine de Montille Three red Burgs

I bought a mixed case a few years back through a friend in the business. We were doing a "Duckfest" with glazed duck wings, confit duck legs and grilled duck breast so I thought I would open these and enjoy.

2009 Nuits St Georges 1er Cru Aux Thorey-Darker than the other two showing black fruits and cassis on the nose. Deep, ripe flavors with nice balance. Fresh and clean on the finish with still a nice silky grip. "B++"

2009 Beaune 1er Perrieres-Medium red in the glass. Mineral notes on the nose with red fruits and berries. Could use a little more time but drinking well showing plenty of pure fruit flavor without being cloying. "B+"

2009 Volnay 1er Champans-Lighter in the glass jus slightly darker than a Rose. Expressive floral nose with Asian spices and red dirt minerality. Smooth and silky on the palate with a bit more acid than the other two but well balanced by the ripe fruit with red fruits, cherries and spice. The class of the lot for sure. "A"

I bought these all for about $50each in a mixed lot...The Volnay was a little higher and the other two were a little lower for a $50 average.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 10:01:01 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> I bought a mixed case a few years back through a friend in the business. We were doing a "Duckfest" with glazed duck wings, confit duck legs and grilled duck breast so I thought I would open these and enjoy.
>
> 2009 Nuits St Georges 1er Cru Aux Thorey-Darker than the other two showing black fruits and cassis on the nose. Deep, ripe flavors with nice balance. Fresh and clean on the finish with still a nice silky grip. "B++"
>
> 2009 Beaune 1er Perrieres-Medium red in the glass. Mineral notes on the nose with red fruits and berries. Could use a little more time but drinking well showing plenty of pure fruit flavor without being cloying. "B+"
>
> 2009 Volnay 1er Champans-Lighter in the glass jus slightly darker than a Rose. Expressive floral nose with Asian spices and red dirt minerality. Smooth and silky on the palate with a bit more acid than the other two but well balanced by the ripe fruit with red fruits, cherries and spice. The class of the lot for sure. "A"
>
> I bought these all for about $50each in a mixed lot...The Volnay was a little higher and the other two were a little lower for a $50 average.

nice notes
some 09s seem overwrought, these sound good
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 1:31:42 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 10:01:01 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> > I bought a mixed case a few years back through a friend in the business.. We were doing a "Duckfest" with glazed duck wings, confit duck legs and grilled duck breast so I thought I would open these and enjoy.
> >
> > 2009 Nuits St Georges 1er Cru Aux Thorey-Darker than the other two showing black fruits and cassis on the nose. Deep, ripe flavors with nice balance. Fresh and clean on the finish with still a nice silky grip. "B++"
> >
> > 2009 Beaune 1er Perrieres-Medium red in the glass. Mineral notes on the nose with red fruits and berries. Could use a little more time but drinking well showing plenty of pure fruit flavor without being cloying. "B+"
> >
> > 2009 Volnay 1er Champans-Lighter in the glass jus slightly darker than a Rose. Expressive floral nose with Asian spices and red dirt minerality. Smooth and silky on the palate with a bit more acid than the other two but well balanced by the ripe fruit with red fruits, cherries and spice. The class of the lot for sure. "A"
> >
> > I bought these all for about $50each in a mixed lot...The Volnay was a little higher and the other two were a little lower for a $50 average.

> nice notes
> some 09s seem overwrought, these sound good

I was concerned about that and the NSG came closest but had enough acidic underpinning to keep things bright and fresh.