Posted to alt.food.wine

Default New Hip with 97 Jarvis Cabernet

I received a new hip last week so I was off wine for a week while taking pain meds but doing great and no longer needed pain medication. I sent my wife to the cellar for a bottle of Cab and she came back with an orphan bottle of 1997 Jarvis Napa Cabernet to go with a great meatloaf of grassfed beef and veal. The wine was showing a bit of brick in the color but had an effusive nose of currants and black fruits. While a lot of mature notes of cedar and tobacco were present the deep fruit of Napa was still in the forefront. Plenty of Napa dust but deep black cherry, blackberry, coffee and mint notes. Long smooth finish. Not bad. A-
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/17/17 12:34 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> I received a new hip last week so I was off wine for a week while
> taking pain meds but doing great and no longer needed pain
> medication. I sent my wife to the cellar for a bottle of Cab and she
> came back with an orphan bottle of 1997 Jarvis Napa Cabernet to go
> with a great meatloaf of grassfed beef and veal. The wine was
> showing a bit of brick in the color but had an effusive nose of
> currants and black fruits. While a lot of mature notes of cedar and
> tobacco were present the deep fruit of Napa was still in the
> forefront. Plenty of Napa dust but deep black cherry, blackberry,
> coffee and mint notes. Long smooth finish. Not bad. A-

Hey, Bill, sorry to hear about the surgery, but glad to hear that it
went well. And nice to hear that the wine worked out so well.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 12:34:54 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> I received a new hip last week so I was off wine for a week while taking pain meds but doing great and no longer needed pain medication. I sent my wife to the cellar for a bottle of Cab and she came back with an orphan bottle of 1997 Jarvis Napa Cabernet to go with a great meatloaf of grassfed beef and veal. The wine was showing a bit of brick in the color but had an effusive nose of currants and black fruits. While a lot of mature notes of cedar and tobacco were present the deep fruit of Napa was still in the forefront. Plenty of Napa dust but deep black cherry, blackberry, coffee and mint notes. Long smooth finish. Not bad. A-

Yes, sorry you needed surgery, but glad it went well, and that you found an alternative pain med that pleased!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/17/17 10:34 AM, Bi!! wrote:
> I received a new hip last week so I was off wine for a week while taking pain meds but doing great and no longer needed pain medication. I sent my wife to the cellar for a bottle of Cab and she came back with an orphan bottle of 1997 Jarvis Napa Cabernet to go with a great meatloaf of grassfed beef and veal. The wine was showing a bit of brick in the color but had an effusive nose of currants and black fruits. While a lot of mature notes of cedar and tobacco were present the deep fruit of Napa was still in the forefront. Plenty of Napa dust but deep black cherry, blackberry, coffee and mint notes. Long smooth finish. Not bad. A-

Sorry to hear about your hip. Napa Cab always a great painkiller!!