Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2009 Domaine des Baumard Clos du Papillon Savennières

I had dinner last night at my favorite local restaurant and I noticed that they had 2009 Domaine des Baumard Clos du Papillon Savennières on their "Last Bottle" list at a great price so I ordered the last bottle to drink with Dover Sole. The wine guy (long time friend) suggested decanting so it spent about 30 minutes in the decanter prior to service. Pale golden color, fairly tight nose of peaches and wet limestone gravel. Nice mouthfeel and good length. Apple, honeysuckle, almond and minerals. The wine was quite smooth and showed very little age. Nice bottle at a great price (under $50) B+/A-
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:50:19 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> I had dinner last night at my favorite local restaurant and I noticed that they had 2009 Domaine des Baumard Clos du Papillon Savennières on their "Last Bottle" list at a great price so I ordered the last bottle to drink with Dover Sole. The wine guy (long time friend) suggested decanting so it spent about 30 minutes in the decanter prior to service. Pale golden color, fairly tight nose of peaches and wet limestone gravel. Nice mouthfeel and good length. Apple, honeysuckle, almond and minerals. The wine was quite smooth and showed very little age. Nice bottle at a great price (under $50) B+/A-

thanks
I used to buy this regularly, but for some reason haven't in years. Think last Baumards I bought were 2005s.
Was this cork or screwcap? Remember Baumard started making move towards SC in mid-aughts
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 7/20/17 6:56 PM, DaleW wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:50:19 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
>> I had dinner last night at my favorite local restaurant and I noticed that they had 2009 Domaine des Baumard Clos du Papillon Savennières on their "Last Bottle" list at a great price so I ordered the last bottle to drink with Dover Sole. The wine guy (long time friend) suggested decanting so it spent about 30 minutes in the decanter prior to service. Pale golden color, fairly tight nose of peaches and wet limestone gravel. Nice mouthfeel and good length. Apple, honeysuckle, almond and minerals. The wine was quite smooth and showed very little age. Nice bottle at a great price (under $50) B+/A-

> thanks
> I used to buy this regularly, but for some reason haven't in years. Think last Baumards I bought were 2005s.
> Was this cork or screwcap? Remember Baumard started making move towards SC in mid-aughts

Still by a bit of this as it is great over the summer.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:50:19 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> I had dinner last night at my favorite local restaurant and I noticed that they had 2009 Domaine des Baumard Clos du Papillon Savennières on their "Last Bottle" list at a great price so I ordered the last bottle to drink with Dover Sole. The wine guy (long time friend) suggested decanting so it spent about 30 minutes in the decanter prior to service. Pale golden color, fairly tight nose of peaches and wet limestone gravel. Nice mouthfeel and good length. Apple, honeysuckle, almond and minerals. The wine was quite smooth and showed very little age. Nice bottle at a great price (under $50) B+/A-

Domaine De Pajot Les Quatres Cepages 2009 Bi!! Wine 5 02-03-2011 05:43 PM
Savennieres : Clos de Papillon pk Wine 6 17-11-2009 04:33 PM
1999 Domaine de Charmy Clos Vougeot Bi!! Wine 5 12-01-2009 05:38 PM
TN (red) Meursault Clos de Mazeray 1979, Domaine Jacques Prieur cwdjrxyz Wine 2 04-05-2006 11:19 AM
TN: Domaine du Closel Savennieres Clos du Papillon Jaybert41 Wine 3 15-10-2004 01:55 AM