Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Burgs, Loires, Champagne, & Ribeira Sacra

Oops, forgot one wine from picnic Wed. 2015 Haut Bourg Grolleau Gris. Hint of spritz, good acids, light, easy to drink. Good value. B

Friday with tuna steak, grilled peppers, potato salad, and greens:

2013 Cividade Mencia (Amandi, Ribeira Sacra)
Really nice, red fruited with pepper and coffee notes, structured but approachable, long finish. A-/B+

2015 Filliatreau Saumur blanc
Fun lighter styled Chenin, apple and wax with a floral note, just a whisper of RS. B

Saturday Betsys sister and BIL had just gotten back from a trip, so we had them over.
Started with some crostini- fiacco, plus caprese meets garlic scape pesto. Wine was the NV Taittinger €śLa Francaise€ť Brut Champagne. A recent purchase of old aged NV, I think this label (yellow, no €śreserve€ť, brut in corner rather than next to la Francaise) is at least a decade old. This was a lovely bottle of mature Champagne- honied,yeasty, pear and citrus with plenty of petillance left. Fun. B+

Main course was lobster risotto, with salad on side
1993 Bonneau du Martray Corton-Charlemagne
Whew, a good bottle. Pear, apple blossom, chalk in a large framed package, Oak is nicely integrated, just showing in the structure and as a hint of tangy vanilla yogurt. Good finish, lovely mature CC. A-

2014 Thibert €śLes Longeays€ť Pouilly-Vinzelles
Some oak, pear fruit with a little pit fruit note, round and ripe. B-/B