FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: White Burgs, ESJ, and Bdx satellite (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/441033-tn-white-burgs-esj.html)

DaleW 02-05-2017 03:43 PM

TN: White Burgs, ESJ, and Bdx satellite

With flounder, Brussels sprout, mushroom bulgur, and chimichurri slaw, the 2015 Michelot Bourgogne. Sold as Meursault-ish, its got the richness but not the spine. Ripe easy Chardonnay. B-/C+

Hit the local butcher/charcutier for a couple of sausages (Toulouse and chorizo), enjoyed on patio with leftovers and the 2001 Edmunds St John €śLos Robles Viejos€ť (Rozet Vineyard). I had loved this in past, so was happy to get a chance to rebuy in last ESJ cellar sale. Still lovely, a seamless blend of red and black cherry, lavender, and earthy/leathery notes. Good finish, really nice. A-.

Saturday I went to Shadowbrook (Stan Getzs old estate) for a sweet 16 party for the daughter of a close friend. Lovely evening, great party, not enough food after the kids tore threw buffet. When I got home I did a quick freezer raid, made skirt steak tacos, and opened the 2001 Clos dEglise (Cotes de Castillon) -ripe and modern but not imbalanced, sweet Merlot fruit with just a touch of remaining tannin. B

Sunday I did lots of puppy walking to get her tired in AM before heading to a meeting. Had a neighborhood kid walk her, then when I got home (after taking Ruby on long walk) went to the dogwalkers home for her confirmation party (with great Filipino food), When I came home from that, tried the leftover Bordeaux, but it hadnt held well- I deserved a drink and opened a half of the 2014 Barat €śVaillons€ť Chablis 1er on patio as I tossed the Kong toy. Barat is well priced but Ive found variable enough that I swore off, but then was seduced by well priced 375s. Glad I was- this is best Barat Ive had, rich but crisp, with citrus peel and green apple over a limestone mineral base. B+/A-