Midlife

Default Santa Cruz Mountains (California) wineries

I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the Napa/Sonoma
area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list. Other
than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge and
Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.

Ahlgren, Alexander, Aptos Creek, Bargetto, Burrell School, Byington, Chaine
D'Or, Clos La Chance, Los Tita, Cooper-Garrod, Equinox, Fernwood, Glenwood
Oaks, Hallcrest, Hunter Hill, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, The Mountain,
Muccigrossi, Naumann, Osocalis, P.M. Staiger, Pelican Ranch, Pinder, Ridge,
Santa Cruz Mountain, Storrs, Thomas Fogarty, Trout Gulch, Windy Oaks.

Kennedy, Fogarty and Ridge might be worth the admission on their own, since
we do want to visit Copia anyway, but time may be limited. Any other gems on
the list?

Hunt

In article >, says...

>I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
>Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the Napa/Sonoma
>area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
>area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
>for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
>should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
>days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list. Other
>than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge and
>Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.
>
>Ahlgren, Alexander, Aptos Creek, Bargetto, Burrell School, Byington, Chaine
>D'Or, Clos La Chance, Los Tita, Cooper-Garrod, Equinox, Fernwood, Glenwood
>Oaks, Hallcrest, Hunter Hill, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, The Mountain,
>Muccigrossi, Naumann, Osocalis, P.M. Staiger, Pelican Ranch, Pinder, Ridge,
>Santa Cruz Mountain, Storrs, Thomas Fogarty, Trout Gulch, Windy Oaks.
>
>Kennedy, Fogarty and Ridge might be worth the admission on their own, since
>we do want to visit Copia anyway, but time may be limited. Any other gems on
>the list?

Mount Eden makes some fine wine, however, I have not visited the winery.

On the way to Ridge is Picchetti, which is WELL worth the stop. Take Freeway
280 to the Foothill Grant Road exit in Cupertino.Travel southwest on Foothill
Blvd. 3.5 miles (Foothill Blvd. changes names mid-point to Steven's Canyon
Road).You'll travel through a residential section, pass Steven's Creek County
Park, Stevens Creek Reservoir and Dam. Montebello Road will appear on your
right. Travel up Montebello road 6/10th of mile to Picchetti Winery.Take the
first left hand turn into Picchetti Winery.

Hunt

Hunt

In article >, says...

>I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
>Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the Napa/Sonoma
>area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
>area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
>for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
>should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
>days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list. Other
>than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge and
>Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.
>
>Ahlgren, Alexander, Aptos Creek, Bargetto, Burrell School, Byington, Chaine
>D'Or, Clos La Chance, Los Tita, Cooper-Garrod, Equinox, Fernwood, Glenwood
>Oaks, Hallcrest, Hunter Hill, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, The Mountain,
>Muccigrossi, Naumann, Osocalis, P.M. Staiger, Pelican Ranch, Pinder, Ridge,
>Santa Cruz Mountain, Storrs, Thomas Fogarty, Trout Gulch, Windy Oaks.
>
>Kennedy, Fogarty and Ridge might be worth the admission on their own, since
>we do want to visit Copia anyway, but time may be limited. Any other gems on
>the list?

Mount Eden makes some fine wine, however, I have not visited the winery.

On the way to Ridge is Picchetti, which is WELL worth the stop. Take Freeway
280 to the Foothill Grant Road exit in Cupertino.Travel southwest on Foothill
Blvd. 3.5 miles (Foothill Blvd. changes names mid-point to Steven's Canyon
Road).You'll travel through a residential section, pass Steven's Creek County
Park, Stevens Creek Reservoir and Dam. Montebello Road will appear on your
right. Travel up Montebello road 6/10th of mile to Picchetti Winery.Take the
first left hand turn into Picchetti Winery.

Hunt

Hunt

In article >, says...

>in article
, Hunt at wrote on
>11/15/04 1:15 PM:
>

>> Mount Eden makes some fine wine, however, I have not visited the winery.
>>
>> On the way to Ridge is Picchetti, which is WELL worth the stop. Take

Freeway
>> 280 to the Foothill Grant Road exit in Cupertino.Travel southwest on

Foothill
>> Blvd. 3.5 miles (Foothill Blvd. changes names mid-point to Steven's Canyon
>> Road).You'll travel through a residential section, pass Steven's Creek

County
>> Park, Stevens Creek Reservoir and Dam. Montebello Road will appear on your
>> right. Travel up Montebello road 6/10th of mile to Picchetti Winery.Take

the
>> first left hand turn into Picchetti Winery.
>>
>> Hunt

>Thanks for the Mount Eden advice. I'll save the Picchetti info for future
>reference. The tasting is in Napa, at Copia.

Yes, I see what you wanted now. Seems as how I skimmed (and did a poor job, at
that) the first part of the post. Since Picchetti is not on the list of Copia
Santa Cruz Mtn wineries, do save it. The SCM AVA is full of some wonderful
wines, and wonderful tasting room folk. Matter of fact, we'll often take a
late flight from SFO, just to run down to SCM for some very good, friendly
tastings. Sorry for my mistake there - note to self: work on reading
comprehension!!!!!

Do taste the Mount Eden, as both their whites and reds are very nice, esp. the
Reserve Cabs.

Hunt

Max Hauser

"Midlife" in ...
> Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries
> on the list. Other than Burrell School, Clos La Chance,
> Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge and Thomas Fogarty,
> the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.
>
> Ahlgren

Family-run operation out of a house, I have bought from them for 10 years,
mainly on-site. Fairly serious Cabernets, gradually recognized by the
market. (I still have their 1992 and 96 cellared.)

> Bargetto

Popular, again family-run firm that experiments with other-fruit wines as
well as more traditional varietals. In the news recently because some
members of the family were lost for some time after a deadly mountain storm
(but, as I understand, now back safe).

> Cooper-Garrod

Unusual operation. Large extended family has long run a commercial horse
ranch. Patriarch is a former NASA test pilot. The barn used for tastings
on public days is decorated with photos of the 'planes he flew (and
occasionally crashed, but walked away from).

> Mount Eden

Unusually well regarded, ageworthy Californioa Pinots, and this has been
true for years. You can read up about them online. Jeffrey Patterson is
owner-winemaker, you might meet him.

> Thomas Fogarty

Physically large facility (people do weddings and retreats there) founded
(like David Bruce, which for some reason is not on the list) by a former
physician. I've bought their sparkling wines sometimes.

Unfortunate that Cinnabar is also absent from the list, that's another of
the several notable wineries in the California's Santa Cruz Mountains AVA.
Also extremely approachable and helpful people in my experience.

By the way, should you encounter Coppia's wine director Peter Marks (MW), a
former wine merchant and extremely well respected throughout the region,
please say hello from Max.

Cheers -- MH

Pantheras

Midlife wrote:

> I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
> Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the Napa/Sonoma
> area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
> area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
> for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
> should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list. Other
> than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge and
> Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.

I am very partial to Sonoma County, particularly the Healdsburg area.
You could motor up to Healdsburg and go directly to the Ridge winery
there. And while you are at it, visit some more great wineries without
getting into the crowds that you find in Napa. There are now 5 or 6
tasting rooms on the square in Healdsburg and there is a combined
tasting room in Gyserville that is good. Rafanelli is close to Ridge
but you will need to call ahead to get the gate code. Chateau Souverain
is a great place to visit and they have a wonderful restaurant that
servers dinners. There is also a restaurant in Healdsburg called Zin
where every item on the menu is designed to complement the wine.
Tom S

"Midlife" > wrote in message
>I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
> Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the
> Napa/Sonoma
> area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
> area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
> for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
> should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list.
> Other
> than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge
> and
> Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.
>
> Ahlgren, Alexander, Aptos Creek, Bargetto, Burrell School, Byington,
> Chaine
> D'Or, Clos La Chance, Los Tita, Cooper-Garrod, Equinox, Fernwood, Glenwood
> Oaks, Hallcrest, Hunter Hill, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, The Mountain,
> Muccigrossi, Naumann, Osocalis, P.M. Staiger, Pelican Ranch, Pinder,
> Ridge,
> Santa Cruz Mountain, Storrs, Thomas Fogarty, Trout Gulch, Windy Oaks.
>
> Kennedy, Fogarty and Ridge might be worth the admission on their own,
> since
> we do want to visit Copia anyway, but time may be limited. Any other gems
> on
> the list?

How did you miss David Bruce?

Tom S

Midlife

in article , Tom S at

**************************

*************************
Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
>> for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
>> should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
>> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list.

>> since
>> we do want to visit Copia anyway, but time may be limited. Any other gems
>> on
>> the list?

> How did you miss David Bruce?
>
> Tom S

I think I may need to work on my writing style. ;o) Of the four responders
so far, I think three have misunderstood the situation. The list is of
Santa Cruz Mountain area wineries THAT WILL BE OFFERING TASTINGS AT AN EVENT
AT COPIA, IN NAPA.

Any wineries missing are missing because they are not involved in the event
as of the list I was given today. I would assume it was their choice not to
participate for whatever reasons. Hard to think David Bruce would not have
been invited. As Max pointed out, Cinnabar is also missing. The event is
Thanksgiving weekend, so some may have felt time with family was more
important.

Midlife

in article , Pantheras at
et wrote on 11/15/04 6:00 PM:

> Midlife wrote:
>
>> I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
>> Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the Napa/Sonoma
>> area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
>> area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
>> for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
>> should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
>> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list. Other
>> than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge and
>> Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.

> I am very partial to Sonoma County, particularly the Healdsburg area.
> You could motor up to Healdsburg and go directly to the Ridge winery
> there. And while you are at it, visit some more great wineries without
> getting into the crowds that you find in Napa. There are now 5 or 6
> tasting rooms on the square in Healdsburg and there is a combined
> tasting room in Gyserville that is good. Rafanelli is close to Ridge
> but you will need to call ahead to get the gate code. Chateau Souverain
> is a great place to visit and they have a wonderful restaurant that
> servers dinners. There is also a restaurant in Healdsburg called Zin
> where every item on the menu is designed to complement the wine.

Luckily for us, my wife and I are able to visit the Napa/Sonoma environs 3
or 4 times a year. This trip we have only the one free day and our daughter
has asked us to go with her to a private tasting at Franciscan which will
involve wines from other wineries owned by the same group. The Copia event
seemed like a nice way to complete the day and experience wines from a
different region.

We've been to Rafanelli two or three times. Dave is a great guy. In
September he had us tasting from fermentation tanks. That's what's so great
about smaller wineries. My wife and daughter went to Ridge - Lytton Springs
earlier in the year. For some reason they were not thrilled with what they
tasted at that time.

When we're able to stay at a relative's cottage on the Russian River, we're
close enough to have dinner in the area and have enjoyed many wonderful
meals there. Most often we are back in SF by dinner time. I'll keep your
recommendations for future reference.

Joe Rosenberg

I visited Ridge several times when founder Dave Bennion was alive. I even
tasted some wines he made, not Paul Draper, and bought the 1970 Jimsomare
Zin from his foreman, which when tasted blind in 1984 at the Pope's palacio
in Parkton, was mistaken for a cab and an indication of longevity. Also
visited Ken Burnap of Santa Cruz Mountain one of the early pinot noir
pioneers and the folks at Mound Eden when Merry Edwards revised the wine
making. I did a little business with Roudon Smith and always liked Bargetto
wines for their variety and price. Also there used to be a lot of great
little wineries South of Santa Cruz to Carmel who made wonderful plonk, a
long the line of Round Hill. Just fun places to stop in for a quick quaff.
Thomas Cruse was one if I recall who had humorous labels way before Randall
Graham. Finally any David Bruce wine is worth drinking as they were
extremely individualistic and tannic. Even the good dentists failures
defied the cookie cutter conventions of the 1990s and beyond. He and Martin
Ray occasionally thrilled and always perplexed convention.

--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg
"Midlife" > wrote in message
> in article , Pantheras

at
> et wrote on 11/15/04 6:00 PM:
>
> > Midlife wrote:
> >
> >> I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for

(US)
> >> Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the

Napa/Sonoma
> >> area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa

Cruz
> >> area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked

Copia
> >> for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
> >> should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more

these
> >> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list.

Other
> >> than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge

and
> >> Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.

> > I am very partial to Sonoma County, particularly the Healdsburg area.
> > You could motor up to Healdsburg and go directly to the Ridge winery
> > there. And while you are at it, visit some more great wineries without
> > getting into the crowds that you find in Napa. There are now 5 or 6
> > tasting rooms on the square in Healdsburg and there is a combined
> > tasting room in Gyserville that is good. Rafanelli is close to Ridge
> > but you will need to call ahead to get the gate code. Chateau Souverain
> > is a great place to visit and they have a wonderful restaurant that
> > servers dinners. There is also a restaurant in Healdsburg called Zin
> > where every item on the menu is designed to complement the wine.

> Luckily for us, my wife and I are able to visit the Napa/Sonoma environs 3
> or 4 times a year. This trip we have only the one free day and our

daughter
> has asked us to go with her to a private tasting at Franciscan which will
> involve wines from other wineries owned by the same group. The Copia

event
> seemed like a nice way to complete the day and experience wines from a
> different region.
>
> We've been to Rafanelli two or three times. Dave is a great guy. In
> September he had us tasting from fermentation tanks. That's what's so

great
> about smaller wineries. My wife and daughter went to Ridge - Lytton

Springs
> earlier in the year. For some reason they were not thrilled with what

they
> tasted at that time.
>
> When we're able to stay at a relative's cottage on the Russian River,

we're
> close enough to have dinner in the area and have enjoyed many wonderful
> meals there. Most often we are back in SF by dinner time. I'll keep your
> recommendations for future reference.

Pantheras

Midlife wrote:

> We've been to Rafanelli two or three times. Dave is a great guy. In
> September he had us tasting from fermentation tanks. That's what's so great
> about smaller wineries. My wife and daughter went to Ridge - Lytton Springs
> earlier in the year. For some reason they were not thrilled with what they
> tasted at that time.

Ridge/Lytton Springs has been an enigma since the day that Ridge
purchased it. Once they decided to do away with the Lytton Springs
label, a lot of people in the area became very unhappy. It is easy
to pick up bad vibes about Ridge anywhere you go in the area.
When Draper screwed up the Ridge Heart's Desire, he put a great deal
of it in the Lytton Springs tasting room so visitors that got the
impression that the winery was not up to par with its Monte Bello
counter part.

( if you are going to be back in SF on a Saturday afternoon in time
for dinner after a tasting at Franciscan, you might have to leave at 10AM )
Dale Williams

On your list, the best one that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Storrs, which
has made some good wine over the years (I haven't had a recent vintage).

My favorite Santa Cruz wineries are probably Ridge and Thunder Mountain (not on
your list, alas). And KKennedy's Syrah is very good.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Hunt

In article >, says...

wrote on 11/15/04 6:00 PM:

>> Midlife wrote:
>>
>>> I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
>>> Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the Napa/

Sonoma
>>> area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
>>> area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
>>> for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
>>> should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
>>> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list.

Other
>>> than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge

and
>>> Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.

>> I am very partial to Sonoma County, particularly the Healdsburg area.
>> You could motor up to Healdsburg and go directly to the Ridge winery
>> there. And while you are at it, visit some more great wineries without
>> getting into the crowds that you find in Napa. There are now 5 or 6
>> tasting rooms on the square in Healdsburg and there is a combined
>> tasting room in Gyserville that is good. Rafanelli is close to Ridge
>> but you will need to call ahead to get the gate code. Chateau Souverain
>> is a great place to visit and they have a wonderful restaurant that
>> servers dinners. There is also a restaurant in Healdsburg called Zin
>> where every item on the menu is designed to complement the wine.

>Luckily for us, my wife and I are able to visit the Napa/Sonoma environs 3
>or 4 times a year. This trip we have only the one free day and our daughter
>has asked us to go with her to a private tasting at Franciscan which will
>involve wines from other wineries owned by the same group. The Copia event
>seemed like a nice way to complete the day and experience wines from a
>different region.

If you are doing Franciscan, park in the south parking lot and when you are
done, make a left out of it onto Galleron Lane, not back on to 29, just yet.
About 1/8 mile, on your left is Sullivan. They are small and you will probably
only have 3 wines to taste, their Bordeaux Blend "Coeur de Vigne," Merlot &
Cab, but they are all BIG reds. If you get lucky, and they Chard is then
available, ask for a taste of it too. In years past, their Chard was
Montrachet level, but they lost their vineyard and when it was re-planted,
they went with reds. They also lost a vintage of sourced Chard, but that which
I had was almost as good as what they made from their own grapes. It's quick,
nice, and well worth the minor detour.

Hunt

[SNIP]

Hunt

In article >, says...

>in article
, Hunt at wrote on
>11/16/04 2:51 PM:
>

>> If you are doing Franciscan, park in the south parking lot and when you are
>> done, make a left out of it onto Galleron Lane, not back on to 29, just

yet.
>> About 1/8 mile, on your left is Sullivan. They are small and you will

probably
>> only have 3 wines to taste, their Bordeaux Blend "Coeur de Vigne," Merlot &
>> Cab, but they are all BIG reds. If you get lucky, and they Chard is then
>> available, ask for a taste of it too. In years past, their Chard was
>> Montrachet level, but they lost their vineyard and when it was re-planted,
>> they went with reds. They also lost a vintage of sourced Chard, but that

which
>> I had was almost as good as what they made from their own grapes. It's

quick,
>> nice, and well worth the minor detour.
>>
>> Hunt

>We found Sullivan in almost exactly that way a few years ago. Their site
>says Chard IS available now. I never see their wine anywhere in SoCal, and
>it is a bit pricey, but WOW ........ BIG is only the beginning of the TNs on
>Sullivan reds. Thanks for the reminder, I drank the last bottle a few months
>ago, so may just have to stop by this trip.

I'd appreciate any TN's on the Chard, if you do manage to get by - so-o-o much
wine, so little time! Luckily, I scored a case+ of the '99, and it's drinking
beautifully now. Considering the problems of their last few vintages of this
wine, I hope that their sourced fruit lives up to their own from years back.

Most of all, enjoy what sounds like a wonderful trip!

Hunt

Hunt

In article >, says...

>in article
, Hunt at wrote on
>11/16/04 2:51 PM:
>

>> If you are doing Franciscan, park in the south parking lot and when you are
>> done, make a left out of it onto Galleron Lane, not back on to 29, just

yet.
>> About 1/8 mile, on your left is Sullivan. They are small and you will

probably
>> only have 3 wines to taste, their Bordeaux Blend "Coeur de Vigne," Merlot &
>> Cab, but they are all BIG reds. If you get lucky, and they Chard is then
>> available, ask for a taste of it too. In years past, their Chard was
>> Montrachet level, but they lost their vineyard and when it was re-planted,
>> they went with reds. They also lost a vintage of sourced Chard, but that

which
>> I had was almost as good as what they made from their own grapes. It's

quick,
>> nice, and well worth the minor detour.
>>
>> Hunt

>We found Sullivan in almost exactly that way a few years ago. Their site
>says Chard IS available now. I never see their wine anywhere in SoCal, and
>it is a bit pricey, but WOW ........ BIG is only the beginning of the TNs on
>Sullivan reds. Thanks for the reminder, I drank the last bottle a few months
>ago, so may just have to stop by this trip.

I'd appreciate any TN's on the Chard, if you do manage to get by - so-o-o much
wine, so little time! Luckily, I scored a case+ of the '99, and it's drinking
beautifully now. Considering the problems of their last few vintages of this
wine, I hope that their sourced fruit lives up to their own from years back.

Most of all, enjoy what sounds like a wonderful trip!

Hunt

Chuck

It's not on your list but I'd suggest adding a stop at Bonny Doon winery.
Randall Graham produces some excellent wines and a visit to the winery is
always a great experience.

Jim

"Midlife" > wrote in message
> I could use a bit of help. I will be in the San Francisco area for (US)
> Thanksgiving and, as always, will spend some time tasting in the

Napa/Sonoma
> area. That weekend there is a tasting, at Copia, featuring 31 Santa Cruz
> area wineries. Given all the tasting alternatives available, I asked Copia
> for the specific wineries list so that I could decide if that's how we
> should spend some time. Trouble is (as is happening more and more these
> days) I only recognize a small number of the 31 wineries on the list.

Other
> than Burrell School, Clos La Chance, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, Ridge

and
> Thomas Fogarty, the list is a mystery. Any comments would be helpful.
>
> Ahlgren, Alexander, Aptos Creek, Bargetto, Burrell School, Byington,

Chaine
> D'Or, Clos La Chance, Los Tita, Cooper-Garrod, Equinox, Fernwood, Glenwood
> Oaks, Hallcrest, Hunter Hill, Kathryn Kennedy, Mount Eden, The Mountain,
> Muccigrossi, Naumann, Osocalis, P.M. Staiger, Pelican Ranch, Pinder,

Ridge,
> Santa Cruz Mountain, Storrs, Thomas Fogarty, Trout Gulch, Windy Oaks.
>
> Kennedy, Fogarty and Ridge might be worth the admission on their own,

since
> we do want to visit Copia anyway, but time may be limited. Any other gems

on
> the list?

Chuck