Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Question for the group

I read and attempt to respond from my Thunderbird mail application.
Every time I try to post a followup the response is lines longer than 79
characters failed. Any suggestions.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Lawrence Leichtman > writes:

>I read and attempt to respond from my Thunderbird mail application.
>Every time I try to post a followup the response is lines longer than 79
>characters failed. Any suggestions.

Perhaps the suggestions at http://bit.ly/2bWK5PC would be helpful? -- H
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 08/27/2016 06:30 PM, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> I read and attempt to respond from my Thunderbird mail application.
> Every time I try to post a followup the response is lines longer than 79
> characters failed. Any suggestions.

That's a problem specific to AIOE. Either use a different news server, or:

in Thunderbird, go to Preferences->Preferences
click on Config Editor...
promise to be careful
type "wrap" in the search field
double-click "plain_text.wrap_long_lines" to set it to true

That's it.
Make sure that the "mailnews.wraplength" that you will see there is set
to 72 (or less thatn 80, anyway).
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/27/16 12:53 PM, Hasan Diwan wrote:
> Lawrence Leichtman > writes:
>
>> I read and attempt to respond from my Thunderbird mail application.
>> Every time I try to post a followup the response is lines longer than 79
>> characters failed. Any suggestions.

> Perhaps the suggestions at http://bit.ly/2bWK5PC would be helpful? -- H

Thanks for the help but I have Thunderbird for the Mac and the option
didn't show up.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 08/28/2016 06:10 AM, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
>> Lawrence Leichtman > writes:
>>
>>> I read and attempt to respond from my Thunderbird mail
>>> application. Every time I try to post a followup the response is
>>> lines longer than 79 characters failed. Any suggestions.

> Thanks for the help but I have Thunderbird for the Mac and the
> option didn't show up.

Hmm, sorry, don't have a Mac to try it on, so no idea where the
Preferences are on that version. It is supposed to have the Config
editor somewhere, though, keep searching? The Mozilla docs are hopeless,
I just checked. I wouldn't have found the setting for my Linux version
if I had relied on them.
Another workaround is to use the Edit->Rewrap command after you have
typed the message, before sending it. With the caveat, again, that it
may not be there on a Mac.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/28/16 5:05 AM, Patok wrote:

>> Thanks for the help but I have Thunderbird for the Mac and the
>> option didn't show up.

> Hmm, sorry, don't have a Mac to try it on, so no idea where the
> Preferences are on that version. It is supposed to have the Config
> editor somewhere, though, keep searching? The Mozilla docs are hopeless,
> I just checked. I wouldn't have found the setting for my Linux version
> if I had relied on them.
> Another workaround is to use the Edit->Rewrap command after you have
> typed the message, before sending it. With the caveat, again, that it
> may not be there on a Mac.

Actually, the first response I received seemed to have worked.