Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Wines by the Hudson- Mendocino rose, Finger Lakes Riesling, OzSemmilon, Wh. Burg, Languedoc

Wednesday night was about perfect (except for Betsy being in NH). I went to the park bearing crab/avocado salad, beet salad, charcuterie, and wine. Dozens of friends were there, weather was perfect, sunset over Palisades gorgeous, music (Tessa Souter Quartet) delightful.

2015 Idlewild "The Flower, Flora, and Fauna" Rose (Mendocino)
Quite the interesting rose (label doesnt say but I believe Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, & Barbera). Ccppery- orange, looks more like skin-contact white than traditional rose. Red berry, herb, citrus zest. Fuller style, stands up well to prosciutto and soppresatta as well as the beets. This is a real food rose (in a good way). B++

2014 Henri Boillot Bourgogne Blanc
(when I went to pick up 3 bottles of this I got to car and discovered I actually had 3 bottles of the Genevrieres, but I decided honesty was best policy and returned). Fuller style of Bourgogne, pear with a touch of lemon and chalk. Moderate acids, nice length. No Genevrieres, but nice baby Meursault. B/B+

2014 Bloomer Creek Auten Tanzen Dame Riesling
This has a rather weird nose, VA and flowers. Just off-dry, somewhat oxidative. Blind I might have guessed this was a blend of 50% Lopez de Herredia bianco and 50% FL Riesling. I like LdH and Riesling, but not so much together. Too weird for me. C+

2014 Ledogar " La Mariole " Corbieres
Now this was too weird/natural for some others, but I thought pretty tasty. 100% Carignan. Medium-bodied, black fruits, plenty of barnyard. Bretty, but a strain that works for me. B+/B

2012 Happs Semillon (Margaret River)
Fun little wine, moderate acids, no obvious oak, clean green plum fruit. B

Good night with friends