Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: ESJ, Guignier, Bedrock, and a cava

A friend and his pup visited Tuesday, we started with lobster salad, tapenade, and the
2009 Agusti Torello Mata Cava Reserva. Very crisp, lemon and apple, brisk. Refreshing if not compelling. B/B-

While the dogs enjoyed their bones we had grilled spiced cauliflower, a salad of marinated celery with chickpeas/basil/tomato, corn, and a couple of wines

2015 Edmunds St John Bone Jolly rose
Im always a fan of the ESJ gamay pink, but I think this vintage is even better than usual.
Full cherry and raspberry fruit but solid acidic core. Nice herbal accents. B+/A-

2015 Michel Guignier Beaujolais
Very fresh fruit, strawberry and cherry with just a hint of fizz, fun and easy to drink. B/B+

No wine with dinner Wednesday (tuna in red sauce on pasta) as I was leading group to city afterwards. Thursday we had a guest from France for dinner- she was visiting a friend of ours who had to go out of town on a family emergency, so we invited her guest over. Salmon, pasta with tomato and mozzarella, Savoy slaw with tahini, grilled Japanese eggplant with peanut sauce.
Wine was the 2009 Bedrock €śCaritas€ť . Full, nutty, oaky. I keep hoping the oak will seem more integrated in these, but its still pretty prominent, while the pear fruit has begun to fade. B-/C+

TN: Italians, Sociando, Bedrock white, Cowan, etc DaleW Wine 1 13-01-2016 05:34 PM
TN: Riojas, CA PG, Cava,and satellite Bdx DaleW Wine 1 29-09-2014 05:27 PM
Cava Pere Ventura JaneRathore Wine 1 22-05-2013 10:52 PM
Cava, which ones do you like lleichtman Wine 10 22-03-2013 04:04 PM
TN: Austria and Australia (plus Beaujolais and Cava) DaleW Wine 7 26-08-2011 02:39 PM