Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1988 Volnay and 2013 Fiano - "modern family" dinner

Thursday we hosted a dinner- my stepson Dave and his fiancee, his half-brothers, and his erstwhile stepmother. We started with clams and spaghetti (the Danes were surprised to get clams at a home meal), then had pan roasted paprika chicken with mint sauce and salad.

2013 Donnachiara Fiano di Avellino
Full-bodied, dry but with sweet white pit fruit, minerally, a little almond.. B+/B

1988 Jean-Marc Bouley Clos de Cave: Volnay
Fairly low expectations, village wine from a producer I don't know. But this was actually good- mature but not tired. Black cherry and a little pomegranate, good acids, some coffee and earth notes. Nose is a bit better than the palate, it's somewhat short on finish. But for a cheap Winebid purchase Im happy. B