Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Rkatseteli, assorted roses, Nebbiolos, CCR, etc

Sunday Betsy had a concert at Music Mountain, I went over to friends for a nice evening (and she joined us for a late dinner). Nice group, warm but with low humidity and a good breeze comfortable on the deck watching sunset over Palisades and Hudson.

Some nice warm weather wines:

2013 Dr. Frank Rkatsiteli
Fun to blind Fred on this one. White pit fruits, citrus, white pepper. Nice finish. This kind of reminded me of a softer Gruner Veltliner. Fun for a $10 closeout. B

2015 Jolivet Sancerre Rose
Pale, crisp, strawberry fruited. B

2015 Lauverjet Sancerre Rose
Also pale, zippy cranberry and raspberry fruit, mineral, good finish. B+/B

There was also a 2015 Negroamaro rose from Puglia, but I neglected to write down producer. Deeper color, red plum fruit, sweet/juicy, too soft for me. C+

Nice dinner of pork roast, slaw, olive bread, and corn. This was originally supposed to be a Northern Italian tasting for my local non-serious group, but when many couldnt make it switched to a general dinner with spouses and others. But we did have 3 €śtheme€ť bottles

2003 Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva
Plush, ripe, black cherry and leather. I like a bit more acid in my Sangiovese but this was pretty good. B

2012 Ar Pe Pe Rosso di Valtellina
Bright acids, light tannin, crisp red fruit with floral and forest floor notes. B+

2010 Vallana Spanna
Light bodied, somewhat gritty tannins, pleasant red fruit but seemingly a bit closed. B- for now

Fun night. No wine Monday with spaghetti with green puttanesca

TN: 1956-1985 Nebbiolos, plus white truffles, Champagne, dessert wines DaleW Wine 3 17-12-2015 09:43 PM
Roses are red... sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 18-05-2010 09:18 PM
TN: Nebbiolos, Dolcetto, SB/Semillon sticky, Riesling Sekt DaleW Wine 0 11-10-2008 10:38 PM
Roses Lawrence Leichtman Wine 3 31-05-2006 12:39 PM
Roses Lawrence Leichtman Wine 15 05-07-2005 06:01 PM