Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2002 Huet Vouvray Le Haut-Lieu Demi-Sec

Opened a 2002 Huet Vouvray Le Haut-Lieu Demi-Sec last night with fresh produce from out garden, fresh green beans with new potatoes, Zucchini stuffed with sweet Italian sausage and cheese, Tempura Boursin filled squash blossoms and a fresh leaf lettuce, lardon and poached egg salad. Golden in the glass with a fairly tight nose of limestone, a bit of wool and green apples just a faint whiff of sherry. Palate showed lemon zest, a bit of honey and hazelnut, a prominent minerality and a zippy acidity that balanced the very small idea of sweetness. Nice bottle.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 12:25:30 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> Opened a 2002 Huet Vouvray Le Haut-Lieu Demi-Sec last night with fresh produce from out garden, fresh green beans with new potatoes, Zucchini stuffed with sweet Italian sausage and cheese, Tempura Boursin filled squash blossoms and a fresh leaf lettuce, lardon and poached egg salad. Golden in the glass with a fairly tight nose of limestone, a bit of wool and green apples just a faint whiff of sherry. Palate showed lemon zest, a bit of honey and hazelnut, a prominent minerality and a zippy acidity that balanced the very small idea of sweetness. Nice bottle.

You give me hope, lots of reports of premoxed 02 Huet DSs. I don't have the LHL but I do have some Le Monts. Fingers crossed.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 9:44:21 AM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 12:25:30 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> > Opened a 2002 Huet Vouvray Le Haut-Lieu Demi-Sec last night with fresh produce from out garden, fresh green beans with new potatoes, Zucchini stuffed with sweet Italian sausage and cheese, Tempura Boursin filled squash blossoms and a fresh leaf lettuce, lardon and poached egg salad. Golden in the glass with a fairly tight nose of limestone, a bit of wool and green apples just a faint whiff of sherry. Palate showed lemon zest, a bit of honey and hazelnut, a prominent minerality and a zippy acidity that balanced the very small idea of sweetness. Nice bottle.

> You give me hope, lots of reports of premoxed 02 Huet DSs. I don't have the LHL but I do have some Le Monts. Fingers crossed.

There was the faintest hint of oxidation/reduction but nothing more than I would expect from a 14 year old bottle of Chenin Blanc. I was a bit surprised at the cork though...not the highest quality I've ever seen.