Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cellartracker reports

The wines in my "cellar" (living room) that I get the most updated on, on cellartracker, a

2001 Tondonia Reserva.

And the reports are polar: half thinks that its over its prime, drink up! Always receiving comments like " I highly doubt that (paraphrasing).
The other half says its not ready, wait 5-10 years.
Most recently I got one that thoguht its ready to drink now:

"Personally think think this is in a good spot right now, though will get better, sweet pipe tobacco,, some dried dark fruit on the nose, palate has nice fruit on the attack, there are still unresolved tannins that the mid palate struggles with but it still finishes well medium plus length"

The second most active wine, or wines:

2003,2004, 2005 Castelgiocondo (Marchesi de' Frescobaldi) Brunello di Montalcino

Reports state from "flat/closed" , "needs lots of air and really good second day, to "ready, no reason to hold". I'm still drinking 2003 and it was a fast maturing year, and I agree it improves with lots of time in decanter, so Im reluctant to get to my 2004 and above.

I think in general people drink wines too young for their utmost potential, and dont take the time to air them enough when they do, leading to swift judgement of what could be amazing wines.

Posted to alt.food.wine

> The wines in my "cellar" (living room) that I get the most updated on, on cellartracker, a
>
> 2001 Tondonia Reserva.
>
> And the reports are polar: half thinks that its over its prime, drink up! Always receiving comments like " I highly doubt that (paraphrasing).
> The other half says its not ready, wait 5-10 years.
> Most recently I got one that thoguht its ready to drink now:

I am not even drinking my Tondonia Reservas that young. Still in the
late 70's early 80's.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/13/16 3:47 PM, Michael Nielsen wrote:

> I think in general people drink wines too young for their utmost
> potential, and dont take the time to air them enough when they do,
> leading to swift judgement of what could be amazing wines.

Absolutely. The only CT reviews I take very seriously are from users
who I already know (and who I have designated as friends or people I'm a
fan of). In this, it's no different from any other customer review site
such as Amazon or Yelp.

Mark Lipton

Yiddler reports: walt tonne General Cooking 0 16-03-2012 11:11 PM
Cellartracker (cellar management) DaleW Wine 2 01-07-2008 03:30 PM
Nashville reports #2 & #3 and #4 Chef Juke Barbecue 1 23-09-2006 08:33 PM
Consumers Reports zek Beer 8 05-06-2006 07:50 PM
Cellartracker DaleW Wine 0 16-12-2005 04:41 PM