FoodBanter.com

-   -   Solaris (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/437039-solaris.html)

Michael Nielsen[_4_] 05-06-2016 05:57 PM

Solaris

Anyone heard of Solaris grape? I visited a winery in Denmark that uses mostly that grape.
Also, they had Muscaris and Cabernet cortis.
Any other country that uses those grapes, that we can draw experience from ?

Its an open winery where one can buy a part in it. Im considering to buy a part so I can experiment a bit with vilification, especially the cabernet which will start giving yield next year.

Dan the Man 07-06-2016 02:27 PM

Solaris

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 12:57:34 PM UTC-4, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> Anyone heard of Solaris grape? I visited a winery in Denmark that uses mostly that grape.
> Also, they had Muscaris and Cabernet cortis.
> Any other country that uses those grapes, that we can draw experience from ?
>
> Its an open winery where one can buy a part in it. Im considering to buy a part so I can experiment a bit with vilification, especially the cabernet which will start giving yield next year.

I found this article on Solaris on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_%28grape%29

They also have one on Cabernet Cortis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabernet_Cortis

On a different site, Muscaris is described as a cross between Solaris and Muscat:
http://www.wein-plus.eu/en/MUSCARIS_3.0.11978.html

All of the above are described as hybrids (but aren't we all? 8-))

Dan-O