FoodBanter.com

-   -   Easter wines (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/436524-easter-wines.html)

Michael Nielsen[_4_] 29-03-2016 09:44 PM

Easter wines

The italian in laws visited to spend time with their grand daughter. gave me lots of time to cook all day , every day , and serve nice wines:

Pouilly fume calvet 2014: ***

My newfound interest atm is Pouilly Fume. This one is pretty intense, nicely textured, quite acidic, which is normally not a good thing. A bit grassy, but this that dog pee grassy thing I often get in SAuv. Blanc. But when I had it with tomato sauce something clicked. Chards do not work with that. this one was great. Need to check out more.

Pouilly fume, another not important brand 2014: **

This is a step under the calvet. I bought it for cooking, and tasted a bit. it is less intence, and lacks that nice texture.

bourgogne pere et fils 2013 ***

Revisiting the most popular wine from the Burgundy tasting. It is still powerful for a burgundy, like oversdeas, but more sour.

Les Quarts CdR 2012 ****

Quite surprising. smoky and sour like northrhone, except it doesnt even have syrah in it. Not licoricy like grenache often is.

Cornas Courbis Les Esquits 2004 *****

Now I've had all 3 installments of their cornas 2004. this is hte midtier. it seems more mature than sabarote and the lesser champelrose.

Castelgiacondo brunello 2003 *****

People started talking about its dead 5 years ago. its still not dead, even stored some years in my living room.

Rozes LBV 2009 ****

very surprising. I have this controversial opinion that all port tastes pretty much alike, within their designation. sometimes one tastes like it has the wrong name on it (like offley colheita tasting like a lbv), but still :) This one was significantly different from anything Ive had before, even other rozes LBVs other vintages. smoky, spicy, like half burned cigarbox. after adding mon cheri.

Don Guido P.X. 20y ***

I got this together with the 5+5 rum that aged in the P.X casks.
Crazy thing. moscavado sirup . cleaning the glass, the water had a normal sherry color.