FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Beaujolais (rouge and rose), Saar, Chablis (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/436238-tn-beaujolais-rouge-rose.html)

DaleW 27-02-2016 07:52 PM

TN: Beaujolais (rouge and rose), Saar, Chablis

Monday I was supposed to pick up Betsy at airport after a speech, but she caught earlier flight and took a cab. No time for cooking, so I just sauteed arugula to accompany ordered pepperoni pizza. Wine was the 2013 Foillard Cote du Py Morgon. Raspberries and herbs, tangy and sappy. Good stuff, I'm going through these too fast. B+/A-

Tuesday my turn- deviled chicken thighs, rice with furikake, asparagus with miso butter, and salad
2013 Zilliken (Forstmeister Geltz) Ockfener Bockstein Kabinett
Good acids, lime and green apple, a spicy note, not for the ages but tasty.. B/B+

Wednesday while I was doing a speech Betsy made bouillabaisse , a radicchio/fennel/proscuitto salad, and chard. I popped a pink when I got home, the 2014 Brun/Terres Dorres Rose de Jolie. Beaujolias. Strawberries, a little earth, satisfying and uncomplicated I love rose with bouillabaisse but next time would choose one a bit weightier. B

No wine Thursday as I had a board meeting (but was surprised with a gift of a river cruise in Bordeaux from board members for 25 years at job).

Friday I grilled some citrus accented salmon (served on arugula with ginger) as well as vegetables (peppers, squash, fennel), served with 2014 Patrick Piuze "Terroir de Chichee" Chablis. Apple, citrus, chalky. Good acids, nice finish. B/B+

Sheila Page[_2_] 27-02-2016 11:34 PM

TN: Beaujolais (rouge and rose), Saar, Chablis

In message >,
DaleW > writes
>Monday I was supposed to pick up Betsy at airport after a speech, but
>she caught earlier flight and took a cab. No time for cooking, so I
>just sauteed arugula to accompany ordered pepperoni pizza. Wine was the
>2013 Foillard Cote du Py Morgon. Raspberries and herbs, tangy and
>sappy. Good stuff, I'm going through these too fast. B+/A-
>
>Tuesday my turn- deviled chicken thighs, rice with furikake, asparagus
>with miso butter, and salad
>2013 Zilliken (Forstmeister Geltz) Ockfener Bockstein Kabinett
>Good acids, lime and green apple, a spicy note, not for the ages but
>tasty. B/B+
>
>Wednesday while I was doing a speech Betsy made bouillabaisse , a
>radicchio/fennel/proscuitto salad, and chard. I popped a pink when I
>got home, the 2014 Brun/Terres Dorres Rose de Jolie. Beaujolias.
>Strawberries, a little earth, satisfying and uncomplicated I love rose
>with bouillabaisse but next time would choose one a bit weightier. B
>
>No wine Thursday as I had a board meeting (but was surprised with a
>gift of a river cruise in Bordeaux from board members for 25 years at
>job).
>
>Friday I grilled some citrus accented salmon (served on arugula with
>ginger) as well as vegetables (peppers, squash, fennel), served with
>2014 Patrick Piuze "Terroir de Chichee" Chablis. Apple, citrus, chalky.
>Good acids, nice finish. B/B+
>

>Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
>wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't
>drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no
>promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Enjoy the cruise: that's an amazing time to stay in such a challenging
job.

--
---
Sheila Page