Posted to alt.food.wine

Default WTN: Back to NY, with Riesling, Chardonnays, PN, etc

After I returned from Ridge Thursday, we set out to meet David and Grace in Oakland (Betsy driving!). Got to Lungomare at Jack London Square about same time as they did. My late lunch meant I wasn't too hungry, but I ordered some cod, while others got octopus, salads, pizza, and pastas (I took bites of the squid ink pasta and the octopus, both good). I wasn't drinking so I could share drive back to Sacramento, Betsy had a glass of the 2015 Urban Legend Vermentino - I took one sip. This vermentino as (possiblyovercropped) Sauvignon Blanc- catpee/goosebery and grapefruit, bright acids. B-

Friday I flew back to NYC via Seattle, considered trying Canoe Ridge wines "blended at 30000 feet" but skipped. Arrived back in early early hours of Saturday, the recovering hound was glad to see me. I spent most of day with her, then went over to friends' for dinner.

2014 Paradis "Essenciel" (Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence ) rose
Light, strawberries and basil, not very long. B-/C+

There was cauliflower soup, then fettucine with shrimp, salad with apple

1991 Stony Hill Chardonnay
I've had mixed results with an auction lot of early 90s SHs and figure storage, but this bottle shows nicely. Pear, a touch of hazelnut, minerally notes on finish. No real oxidative notes, though mature. B+

2013 Francois Carillon Puligny-Montrachet
White fruits, stones, citrus zest. A bit of oak, midbodied. B

2005 Gilles Jourdan Bourgogne
Not a producer I know, leaner than I would have expected from 2005, good acids, tart cherry and cranberry with a hint of sandalwood. B

Sunday was chicken sausages, edamame, and salad with the 2010 Karthauserhof Alte Reben Trocken Riesling. Full bodied, powerful, lots of extract. Peach, ginger, wet rocks. Very good, B+/A-

TN: Back to NY- Bdx, Bandol rose, bubbles, Riesling, Muscadet, Mencia DaleW Wine 0 31-12-2015 04:26 PM
TN: Back to NY- young Nebbiolo, couple Kabs, couple Chardonnays, etc DaleW Wine 9 20-08-2014 08:58 PM
Three Chardonnays Bi!! Wine 2 09-12-2010 02:54 PM
Some older Chardonnays Jim Mehl Wine 7 09-11-2007 11:24 PM
looking for buttery (malolactic) chardonnays Tom S Wine 7 22-07-2004 06:40 PM