Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wine match Bearnaise

I read that fat buttery chardonnays is the perfect match. Then Im thinking Marimar Dobles Lieau.

What about a fat bready champagne, 5y+ on lies?

Or a Condrieu?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 1:37:49 PM UTC-5, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> I read that fat buttery chardonnays is the perfect match. Then Im thinking Marimar Dobles Lieau.
>
> What about a fat bready champagne, 5y+ on lies?
>
> Or a Condrieu?

But what are you doing with your Bearnaise? I don't usually have sauces by themselves. We've done entrecote bearnaise, fish with a bearnaise sauce, and asparagus bearnaise! High acid red (Burg) with steak, Chardonnay with fish. Asparagus is tough but I'd probably go bubbly (but lighter styled) with that.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 9:29:32 PM UTC+1, DaleW wrote:
> But what are you doing with your Bearnaise? I don't usually have sauces by themselves. We've done entrecote bearnaise, fish with a bearnaise sauce, and asparagus bearnaise! High acid red (Burg) with steak, Chardonnay with fish. Asparagus is tough but I'd probably go bubbly (but lighter styled) with that.

Honeyglazed ham and "hasselback potatoes". Those are half sliced potatoes , dressed with melted butter and oven roasted. Couple of green Asparagus sauteed in butter as garnish.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 9:29:32 PM UTC+1, DaleW wrote:
> But what are you doing with your Bearnaise? I don't usually have sauces by themselves.

PS: Bearnaise can totally be eaten alone

Fitness food match for wine emmy007 Wine 0 16-03-2011 09:11 AM
Wine match for jellyfish! st.helier[_1_] Wine 7 02-10-2008 09:26 AM
Food-Wine match? p.k.[_2_] Wine 7 02-12-2007 06:46 PM
Can you match a wine or other drink with these chocolates cwdjrxyz Wine 3 20-11-2007 04:23 PM
First experience with food/wine match Larry Wine 1 29-08-2004 04:52 PM