FoodBanter.com

-   -   Do you Recognize this wine as "Rothschild’s Chateau Lafitte Bordeaux" ? - Capture.JPG (0/1) (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/435431-do-you-recognize-wine.html)

Time2Live 13-11-2015 08:13 PM

Do you Recognize this wine as "Rothschild’s Chateau Lafitte Bordeaux" ? - Capture.JPG (0/1)

Someone told us this wine we were brought (when what we had ordered
was unavailable) at Angeline Restaurant in Antiqua Guatamala was
"Rothschild's Chateau Lafitte Bordeaux" , but I cant find this label
in google anywhere. Can anyone give me any information on what this
wine really is? Thanks so much!

Mark Lipton[_1_] 13-11-2015 08:34 PM

On 11/13/15 2:13 PM, Time2Live wrote:
> Someone told us this wine we were brought (when what we had ordered
> was unavailable) at Angeline Restaurant in Antiqua Guatamala was
> "Rothschild's Chateau Lafitte Bordeaux" , but I cant find this label
> in google anywhere. Can anyone give me any information on what this
> wine really is? Thanks so much!

Since my server strips attached jpgs, I can't see the image (better to
put it up on a site like picpaste or imgur and then post a link to the
URL) but I'll hazard a guess that it's not Chateau Lafite Rothschild but
perhaps one of their other labels or a related name (Smith Haut Lafitte)

Mark Lipton

DaleW 13-11-2015 09:40 PM

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 2:13:23 PM UTC-5, Time2Live wrote:
> Someone told us this wine we were brought (when what we had ordered
> was unavailable) at Angeline Restaurant in Antiqua Guatamala was
> "Rothschild's Chateau Lafitte Bordeaux" , but I cant find this label
> in google anywhere. Can anyone give me any information on what this
> wine really is? Thanks so much!

Like Mark can't see the image
Unless you paid a LOT of money, it's not Ch. Lafite Rothschild

A look at restaurant website shows a wine list that has 2 possibilities:
http://angelineantigua.com/menu/wine-list/

Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, Pessac-Léognan, 1998
No Rothschild connection

Baron Nathaniel, Baron Philippe De Rothschild, Pauillac, 2009
The Baron Philipe branch of the family makes Mouton, not Lafite. I think the Baron Nathaniel is basically a "third wine", Pauillac from barrels that didn't make the cut for Mouton or their other wine Clerc-Milon or their respective seconds. Probably mostly sold to restaurant trade

If you go to cellartracker.com lots of photos

Time2Live 13-11-2015 10:29 PM

Do you Recognize this wine as "Rothschild's Chateau Lafitte Bordeaux" ? - Capture.JPG (0/1)

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 2:13:23 PM UTC-5, Time2Live wrote:

Yes, I see the wine list and found the photos now. Thank you!
I now know that what we had was definately:
2009 Baron Philippe de Rothschild “Baron Nathaniel” Pauillac
Also I found a good review of it.

I will inform ourrestaurant group that although it a fine French wine,
it was not what we had originally thought.