Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Chinon white and pink, German Rieslings, Chablis, Macon, Rioja, etc

Wednesday was grilled pork tenderloin with paprika/garlic/etc, grilled eggplant, salad, and the 2014 Olga Raffault Chinon rose. Nice acids, chalk framing strawberries, not especially complex but easy to drink. B

Thursday Chinese-styled chicken (poached, shredded, topped with scallions and hot oil) and the
2013 Selbach-Oster "Anrecht" Riesling. Full, pretty sweet, this is more like an Auslese, big wine. Tasty, slate and lime, but more than I wanted with this dish. For this night, B-

Friday we started with cold mussels vinaigrette and the 2009 Lafon "Clos de la Crochette" Macon. Fairly fate, apples and tropical fruit, more CdOr than Macon. Tasty but need a little more nerve & verve. B

With marinated steak, squash, and cauliflower, the 2013 IQue Malbec. Sweet blackberry and plum, fruity and simple. C+

Saturday we headed to some friends bearing wine and scallop ceviche, they had more wine waiting along with foccacia with tomatoes and some grilled swordfish tacos (with pineapple salsa) and rice & beans. Good night of wine (except for 1 victim of TCA)

2010 Louis Michel "Les CLos" Chablis GC
Big, a little tight at first, steely acids, vivid citrus notes with accents of flint and chalk, very long. Young but gorgeous. A-

2011 Philipp Kuhn Laumersheimer "Vom Kalksteinfels" Riesling Trocken
Great with the scallops, yellow pit fruits and ginger, dry but not austere. B+

2001 CVNE Vina Real Rioja Gran Reserva
First bottle corked, second lovely. Red fruits and lemon peel, with black tea and leather, Good length. B+

Yesterday Betsy had a concert at Music Mountain, when she returned we had a dinner of penne with sausage and radish pesto, a tomato/cuke/feta/basil salad, and green salad. Wine was the 2014 Couly-DutheiL 'les Chanteaux" Chinon Blanc. Nice Chenin, white peach with a little wool, hint of sweetness, nice length. B/B+

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW > wrote in
:

> Thursday Chinese-styled chicken (poached, shredded, topped with
> scallions and hot oil) and the 2013 Selbach-Oster "Anrecht" Riesling.
> Full, pretty sweet, this is more like an Auslese, big wine. Tasty,
> slate and lime, but more than I wanted with this dish. For this night,
> B-

That's a problem sometimes with these very selected wines. Sames happens
with Huet Premiere Tries. They are sometimes too big for many dishes.

> Friday we started with cold mussels vinaigrette and the 2009 Lafon
> "Clos de la Crochette" Macon. Fairly fate, apples and tropical fruit,
> more CdOr than Macon. Tasty but need a little more nerve & verve. B

Had one bottle of Lafon Macon back in January, maybe a 2010 vintage if
memory serves, and was very nice. And payable at a restaurant (like 50
euro).