Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1964 Ch. La Tour

I was at a get together last night with wine friends and while most of the wines were unremarkable I brought a 1964 Chateau La Tour. I was gifted the wine many many years ago by a dear friend in the wine business (RIP Floyd) who bought cases of 1st growth Bordeaux on release. I opened and poured small initially as I'm never sure with old wines just how long they will last in the glass. This one was a gem. while brickish at the rim and the wine was more purple than brown. Deep aromas of cassis, tobacco and cedar with a sweet stewed fruit compote aspect to it. After a few minutes of air time we tasted. It was still full of black currant, berries and a bit of sage. A stong mineral streak through the middle with complex layers of cedar, tobacco, coffee. A great bottle to rememeber a great friend.

Chateau Latour 1964 cwdjrxyz Wine 2 20-07-2010 04:49 PM
TN Bertani Amarone 1964 Cwdjrx _ Wine 0 21-11-2004 11:04 PM
1964 Kettle Wine 45 12-11-2004 01:43 AM
1964 Wine isnyc Wine 3 11-11-2004 02:39 PM
[FA] The Compleat Imbiber 7 - Edited by Cyril Ray - 1964 Bromley Oxfam Wine 0 16-12-2003 12:59 PM