Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: savigny les beaune

Haven't posted many notes lately, in spite of a plethora of great wines
this summer, and I keep thinking about it. But this time, right next to
the computer as in town for a few days, and for a going away dinner
opened this Arnoux Pere et Fils Savigny-Les-Beaune "Les Pimemtiers" 2011,
with roast poussin stuffed with wild rice and grapes.

A lovely mature dark fruit pinot nose upon opening, and initially quite
mature tasting before opening into fresh pinot cherry with layers of herb
and sous-bois. Clean and straight forward with decent length. Really an
enjoyable Arnoux and a great bargain for anyone who can find it, I think
we paid Mme around 12 EU for it. Will age but too enjoyable now to leave
hanging around.

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 5:04:41 PM UTC-4, Emery Davis wrote:
> Haven't posted many notes lately, in spite of a plethora of great wines
> this summer, and I keep thinking about it. But this time, right next to
> the computer as in town for a few days, and for a going away dinner
> opened this Arnoux Pere et Fils Savigny-Les-Beaune "Les Pimemtiers" 2011,
> with roast poussin stuffed with wild rice and grapes.
>
> A lovely mature dark fruit pinot nose upon opening, and initially quite
> mature tasting before opening into fresh pinot cherry with layers of herb
> and sous-bois. Clean and straight forward with decent length. Really an
> enjoyable Arnoux and a great bargain for anyone who can find it, I think
> we paid Mme around 12 EU for it. Will age but too enjoyable now to leave
> hanging around.
>
> -E

Thanks Emery! Always on the lookout for a quality bottle below $20 USD.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 1:00:45 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:

> Thanks Emery! Always on the lookout for a quality bottle below $20 USD.

Unfortunately, in US prices range from $27 for the 08 (PLCB) to 38 for other vintages.

But it does sound good
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/26/15 5:04 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
> Haven't posted many notes lately, in spite of a plethora of great wines
> this summer, and I keep thinking about it. But this time, right next to
> the computer as in town for a few days, and for a going away dinner
> opened this Arnoux Pere et Fils Savigny-Les-Beaune "Les Pimemtiers" 2011,
> with roast poussin stuffed with wild rice and grapes.
>
> A lovely mature dark fruit pinot nose upon opening, and initially quite
> mature tasting before opening into fresh pinot cherry with layers of herb
> and sous-bois. Clean and straight forward with decent length. Really an
> enjoyable Arnoux and a great bargain for anyone who can find it, I think
> we paid Mme around 12 EU for it. Will age but too enjoyable now to leave
> hanging around.

Thanks for the notes, Emery. I had no idea that Arnoux made a Savigny.
My go-to producers there are Pavelot, Rollin and Chandon de Briailles.
I love the wines of Ecard, but he retired.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:05:49 -0700, DaleW wrote:

> On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 1:00:45 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Emery! Always on the lookout for a quality bottle below $20
>> USD.

> Unfortunately, in US prices range from $27 for the 08 (PLCB) to 38 for
> other vintages.

Wow, that's too bad. Hard to justify paying near 40, but such is the
price of Bourgogne I guess.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 2:27:17 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:

> Thanks for the notes, Emery. I had no idea that Arnoux made a Savigny.
> My go-to producers there are Pavelot, Rollin and Chandon de Briailles.
> I love the wines of Ecard, but he retired.

Pretty close to my list - my recent Savigny buys are mostly Bize, Pavelot, Camus-Bruchon, and CdBriailles.
Love Rollin for Pernand and Haut Cotes de Beaune, but don't think I've tried the Savigny(s).
Pre-2004 Ecard was great. The Maurice Ecard label still exists, but since 2005 it's a corporate holding, and wasn't impressed. His son Michel makes wine, but I think doesn't have the sites that were backbone of his dad's wines.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 3:40:48 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 2:27:17 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the notes, Emery. I had no idea that Arnoux made a Savigny.
> > My go-to producers there are Pavelot, Rollin and Chandon de Briailles.
> > I love the wines of Ecard, but he retired.
> >

> Pretty close to my list - my recent Savigny buys are mostly Bize, Pavelot, Camus-Bruchon, and CdBriailles.
> Love Rollin for Pernand and Haut Cotes de Beaune, but don't think I've tried the Savigny(s).
> Pre-2004 Ecard was great. The Maurice Ecard label still exists, but since 2005 it's a corporate holding, and wasn't impressed. His son Michel makes wine, but I think doesn't have the sites that were backbone of his dad's wines.

Have you tried Michel ***?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 4:05:23 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> Have you tried Michel ***?

No, never seen one.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 2:08:42 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 4:05:23 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> > Have you tried Michel ***?

> No, never seen one.

Small producer in Chorey Les Beaune. Pretty good for the price. The Savigny Vergleslesses 1er is about $50.

TN: '95 Hospices de Beaune Beaune DaleW Wine 0 03-08-2010 02:31 PM
WTN: 2 good wines- Rheingau and Savigny les Beaune DaleW Wine 0 15-02-2010 04:25 PM
TN: Sancerre and Savigny DaleW Wine 0 10-05-2009 06:53 PM
Evangile and a Savigny Markus Wine 4 03-11-2004 03:49 PM
TN: Simon Bize, Savigny-les-Beaune, 1999 Wine 0 23-02-2004 09:25 PM