Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Many wines last week

With grilled pork tenderloin and assorted vegetables, the 2012 Walter Scott "La Combe Verte" Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley). Good acids,. crunchy red fruits, but a little sweeter than I remembered, and a light cola note that's more CA than OR. B-

Friday with stuffed green peppers (turkey), the 2014 Thomas-Labaille Sancerre Rose. Pale, crisp, snappy acids, tangy, rocky. Really tasty and one of my roses of the year. B+/A-

Also the 2014 Keller Limestone Riesling QbA. Just off dry,good acids, chalk and lime, fine but not compelling B/B-

Saturday the hound and I went to some friends for a small dinner party. I carried some canapes (combinations of smoked duck with mozzarella, olives, mushrooms) and Nancy had made melon with prosciutto. A couple of bubbly starters

NV Pinon Touraine Brut Rose
Crisp, taut, red fruited, very nice. B+

NV Sanfeletto Extra Dry Prosecco
Sweet apples, cidery, coarse mousse. C+/C

Main course was stuffed lobster (shrimp, scallops, a bit of breading and spice) with a corn/tomato salad and a green salad

2010 Chalet-Pouilly Pouilly-Fuisse
Dry, minerally, a little oak, pretty good but seems to be drooping on finish I'd say time to drink up. B/B+

2013 Pierre Yves Morey Colin Bourgogne
White fruit, citrus, hint of oak, racy acids, good length for Bourgogne. B+

2004 l'Hermitage Bandol
I'm a Bandol fan, but this was rough and reductive, with hard tannin. But others liked and it was gone before I had a chance to figure out if air would help. This night, C+

2005 Ste. Colombe (Cotes de Castillon)
Easy-going, tannins integrated, black plums with a little earth and tobacco.. Good showing for a very inexpensive Bordeaux. B/B+

2014 Keller Von der Fels Riesling
Bracing, dry, lots of earth and wet rocks, much more interesting than the Limestone. B+/A-

Sunday turkey ragu with the 2011 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco. I read this was a forward vintage but this was a bit tannic and tough, though there was good black cherry fruit. Better on day 2. I'll let these rest, expect improvement, but for now B-

Last night a kale salad with fried egg, grilled portobello with pesto, and a tomato/cuke salad. I decided to go with Chardonnay, gave Betsy choice of American (Mayacamas) or French. She went with French, I opened the 2002 Remi Jobard "Charmes" Meursault 1er. Full-bodied, pear and hazelnut, but for the first time (my 7th bottle of this I think) there's some oxidation. Good, I enjoy, but color is darker and the oxidative notes get clearer and clearer. B?