Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2009 Jadot Beaujolais-Villages

Nosing around my cellar at the farm and I found a bottle of 2009 Jadot Beaujolais Villages that had been gifted to us by a non-wine drinking neighbor. We were having leftover cold grilled chicken, a tarragon potato salad and a hodgepodge of leftover cheeses, pates, etc from the past week of entertaining so I opened the Jadot. The wine was stil quite fresh with moderate nose of strawberries and wet stones. Soft and fruity on the palate much as expected with fresh strawberry, cherry and plum notes. Fairly simple and straightforward but refreshing low acid finish. I've had much worse.