Posted to alt.food.wine

Default top 10.000 best wines in the world

I borsed wuickly the first 500 or so. From US there's a lot of Screaming Eagles, and from Spain it is Unico that appears again and again, and a 1890(!) Rioja 890 GR and 2004 Cune Imperial. Wrong vintage, as I have a 2008, not a 2004. There's also a lot of ports.

http://thetastingbook.com/top10000/

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 5:46:13 PM UTC-4, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> I borsed wuickly the first 500 or so. From US there's a lot of Screaming Eagles, and from Spain it is Unico that appears again and again, and a 1890(!) Rioja 890 GR and 2004 Cune Imperial. Wrong vintage, as I have a 2008, not a 2004. There's also a lot of ports.
>
> http://thetastingbook.com/top10000/

Looked through first 100. Own none of those, but have tasted 59 Mouton & Lafite, 01 Yquem, 89 HB, and 74 Marthas, all great wines. Have tasted most of others in other vintages - but not SE, DRC RC or Montrachet, Jayer Richebourg, or Colgin Tychson Hill. Wait, OK, I confess I've never HEARD of the latter!
Posted to alt.food.wine

|"Michael Nielsen" > wrote in message

|I borsed wuickly the first 500 or so. From US there's a lot of Screaming
Eagles, and from Spain it is Unico that appears again |and again, and a 1890(!)
Rioja 890 GR and 2004 Cune Imperial. Wrong vintage, as I have a 2008, not a
2004. There's also a |lot of ports.

|http://thetastingbook.com/top10000/

Quick parse of top 300 noticed only one that I've slurped; #188 VCC 2009.
Darn nice drop too. All the 2009's I've had have been surprisingly drinkable so
early.

However, what prompted this post were numbers; 184,185,186...........263,264.
All 2014 bdx!! Wonder where they sourced the bottles?

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 5:29:23 AM UTC+2, greybeard wrote:

> However, what prompted this post were numbers; 184,185,186...........263,264.
> All 2014 bdx!! Wonder where they sourced the bottles?

Some information from the guy reviewing them:

http://thetastingbook.com/pro/Markus

I still wonder if its not a bit premature to judge them so young.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Michael Nielsen wrote:
> I borsed wuickly the first 500 or so. From US there's a lot of Screaming
> Eagles, and from Spain it is Unico that appears again and again, and a
> 1890(!) Rioja 890 GR and 2004 Cune Imperial. Wrong vintage, as I have a 2008,
> not a 2004. There's also a lot of ports.
>
> http://thetastingbook.com/top10000/

It's probably all the wines he's ever tasted? For example, there's more wines
from India in these "top 10,000" (it's actually 8,569) than from Bulgaria and
Slovenia (one each). Nobody can convince me that India produces more top wines
than Bulgaria or Slovenia, that's ridiculous.
The other day I noticed the Bulgarian wine from the list (Bio Mavrud & Rubin
Organic, 2013, Edoardo Miroglio) in the store and decided to try it. After
tasting it I remembered that I had actually had it once before. The wine is dark
red with ruby highlights (probably from the Rubin component of the pair), not
too fruity (I'm not as accomplished a taster as you guys here, so I can't say
what kind of fruit), with fresh acidity and slightly rough tannins. It feels
rustic, like homemade BG wine (as a matter of fact I've had better homemade BG
wines), with a slight bitter note (in a good way). Overall a B- on the Dale
scale. It was about 4.60 Euro, so I would not (or very rarely) buy it again, as
there are lots of much better Bulgarian wines in Bulgaria in this price range.

Posted to alt.food.wine

I've had only 1 of the top 100, the 1975 d'Yquem. Had it in the mid 80s. Finish still going