Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Prum, Barde Haut, Breton, Garnier, etc

Betsy got back from China/Japan tour, and chose hot dogs as her first meal back in US. With broccoli salad, green salad, and the 2011 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett. Lemon/citrus and green apple, tiniest hint of petillance at first, light sulphur, both disappear. Good mouthfeel, moderate sweetness and good length. B+

Thursday we went to a gathering of old friends in Riverdale. I made poached shrimp ( from Bon Appetit, Y'all) and the hosts provided assorted dips, smoked paprika grilled chicken, potato salad with black olives, & salad

Nino Rustico Prosecco

Light, crispy, quite pleasant. B

2012 Garnier Mont de Milieu Chablis 1er

CT notes complain of oak, don't really get that, but this is definitely on the ripe/sweet fruit end of the Chablis spectrum. Tasty popular wine. but could use some minerality. B

2000 Barde-Haut (St Emilion)

(mag, double-decanted) Sweet ripe Merlot fruit, a bit of mocha, ,mid bodied, still some tannin. Straightforward more St-Em. B/B-

Friday skirt steak, portabellos, cumin-accented chard, and salad.

2008 Breton "Nuits d'Ivresse" Bourgueil. Black fruits, a light green note- pine meets tobacco leaf- but not distracting. Nicely balanced, light tannins, fresh acids, fine fruit. B/B+

2014 Chermette/Vissoux "Griottes" Beaujolais rose
Pale, crisp, snappy acids, stone tones, fun. B/B+

Saturday to my mom's in GA. Chose not to have New Age, Barefoot Chardonnay, or Fat ******* Shiraz with black snapper I made for dinner, and no wine sales on Sunday, so looks like Monday before I have a glass

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 9:40:34 AM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> Betsy got back from China/Japan tour, and chose hot dogs as her first meal back in US. With broccoli salad, green salad, and the 2011 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett. Lemon/citrus and green apple, tiniest hint of petillance at first, light sulphur, both disappear. Good mouthfeel, moderate sweetness and good length. B+
>
> Thursday we went to a gathering of old friends in Riverdale. I made poached shrimp ( from Bon Appetit, Y'all) and the hosts provided assorted dips, smoked paprika grilled chicken, potato salad with black olives, & salad
>
> Nino Rustico Prosecco
>
> Light, crispy, quite pleasant. B
>
> 2012 Garnier Mont de Milieu Chablis 1er
>
> CT notes complain of oak, don't really get that, but this is definitely on the ripe/sweet fruit end of the Chablis spectrum. Tasty popular wine. but could use some minerality. B
>

> 2000 Barde-Haut (St Emilion)
>
> (mag, double-decanted) Sweet ripe Merlot fruit, a bit of mocha, ,mid bodied, still some tannin. Straightforward more St-Em. B/B-
>
> Friday skirt steak, portabellos, cumin-accented chard, and salad.
>
> 2008 Breton "Nuits d'Ivresse" Bourgueil. Black fruits, a light green note- pine meets tobacco leaf- but not distracting. Nicely balanced, light tannins, fresh acids, fine fruit. B/B+
>
> 2014 Chermette/Vissoux "Griottes" Beaujolais rose
> Pale, crisp, snappy acids, stone tones, fun. B/B+
>
> Saturday to my mom's in GA. Chose not to have New Age, Barefoot Chardonnay, or Fat ******* Shiraz with black snapper I made for dinner, and no wine sales on Sunday, so looks like Monday before I have a glass
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 9:17:37 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:

> I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?

Lots of good options, but if they ship to Ohio I'd say Chambers St Wines is the standard bearer in Loire reds.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...n_america.html
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/11/15 5:07 PM, DaleW wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 9:17:37 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
>

>> I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market
>> here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?

> Lots of good options, but if they ship to Ohio I'd say Chambers St
> Wines is the standard bearer in Loire reds.
>
> http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...n_america.html

Hopefully it doesn't affect Ohio, but a particular scumbag lawyer in
Illinois has forced several Internet retailers to stop shipping to IL
and IN, one of whom is CSW, with a lawsuit. Here's the story:

<http://fermentationwineblog.com/2014/12/bottom-feeding-lawyer-goes-wine-sellers-illinois/>

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 3:51:52 PM UTC-6, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 6/11/15 5:07 PM, DaleW wrote:
> > On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 9:17:37 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> >

> >> I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market
> >> here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?

> > Lots of good options, but if they ship to Ohio I'd say Chambers St
> > Wines is the standard bearer in Loire reds.
> >
> > http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...n_america.html
> >

> Hopefully it doesn't affect Ohio, but a particular scumbag lawyer in
> Illinois has forced several Internet retailers to stop shipping to IL
> and IN, one of whom is CSW, with a lawsuit. Here's the story:
>
> <http://fermentationwineblog.com/2014/12/bottom-feeding-lawyer-goes-wine-sellers-illinois/>
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net