Wine (alt.food.wine) Devoted to the discussion of wine and wine-related topics. A place to read and comment about wines, wine and food matching, storage systems, wine paraphernalia, etc. In general, any topic related to wine is valid fodder for the group.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-06-2015, 02:40 PM posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,554
Default TN: Prum, Barde Haut, Breton, Garnier, etc

Betsy got back from China/Japan tour, and chose hot dogs as her first meal back in US. With broccoli salad, green salad, and the 2011 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett. Lemon/citrus and green apple, tiniest hint of petillance at first, light sulphur, both disappear. Good mouthfeel, moderate sweetness and good length. B+

Thursday we went to a gathering of old friends in Riverdale. I made poached shrimp ( from Bon Appetit, Y'all) and the hosts provided assorted dips, smoked paprika grilled chicken, potato salad with black olives, & salad

Nino Rustico Prosecco

Light, crispy, quite pleasant. B

2012 Garnier Mont de Milieu Chablis 1er

CT notes complain of oak, don't really get that, but this is definitely on the ripe/sweet fruit end of the Chablis spectrum. Tasty popular wine. but could use some minerality. B


2000 Barde-Haut (St Emilion)

(mag, double-decanted) Sweet ripe Merlot fruit, a bit of mocha, ,mid bodied, still some tannin. Straightforward more St-Em. B/B-

Friday skirt steak, portabellos, cumin-accented chard, and salad.

2008 Breton "Nuits d'Ivresse" Bourgueil. Black fruits, a light green note- pine meets tobacco leaf- but not distracting. Nicely balanced, light tannins, fresh acids, fine fruit. B/B+

2014 Chermette/Vissoux "Griottes" Beaujolais rose
Pale, crisp, snappy acids, stone tones, fun. B/B+

Saturday to my mom's in GA. Chose not to have New Age, Barefoot Chardonnay, or Fat ******* Shiraz with black snapper I made for dinner, and no wine sales on Sunday, so looks like Monday before I have a glass

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-06-2015, 02:17 PM posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,930
Default TN: Prum, Barde Haut, Breton, Garnier, etc

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 9:40:34 AM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
Betsy got back from China/Japan tour, and chose hot dogs as her first meal back in US. With broccoli salad, green salad, and the 2011 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett. Lemon/citrus and green apple, tiniest hint of petillance at first, light sulphur, both disappear. Good mouthfeel, moderate sweetness and good length. B+

Thursday we went to a gathering of old friends in Riverdale. I made poached shrimp ( from Bon Appetit, Y'all) and the hosts provided assorted dips, smoked paprika grilled chicken, potato salad with black olives, & salad

Nino Rustico Prosecco

Light, crispy, quite pleasant. B

2012 Garnier Mont de Milieu Chablis 1er

CT notes complain of oak, don't really get that, but this is definitely on the ripe/sweet fruit end of the Chablis spectrum. Tasty popular wine. but could use some minerality. B


2000 Barde-Haut (St Emilion)

(mag, double-decanted) Sweet ripe Merlot fruit, a bit of mocha, ,mid bodied, still some tannin. Straightforward more St-Em. B/B-

Friday skirt steak, portabellos, cumin-accented chard, and salad.

2008 Breton "Nuits d'Ivresse" Bourgueil. Black fruits, a light green note- pine meets tobacco leaf- but not distracting. Nicely balanced, light tannins, fresh acids, fine fruit. B/B+

2014 Chermette/Vissoux "Griottes" Beaujolais rose
Pale, crisp, snappy acids, stone tones, fun. B/B+

Saturday to my mom's in GA. Chose not to have New Age, Barefoot Chardonnay, or Fat ******* Shiraz with black snapper I made for dinner, and no wine sales on Sunday, so looks like Monday before I have a glass

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.


I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:07 PM posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,554
Default TN: Prum, Barde Haut, Breton, Garnier, etc

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 9:17:37 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:


I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?


Lots of good options, but if they ship to Ohio I'd say Chambers St Wines is the standard bearer in Loire reds.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...n_america.html
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:51 PM posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,849
Default TN: Prum, Barde Haut, Breton, Garnier, etc

On 6/11/15 5:07 PM, DaleW wrote:
On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 9:17:37 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:


I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market
here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?


Lots of good options, but if they ship to Ohio I'd say Chambers St
Wines is the standard bearer in Loire reds.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...n_america.html


Hopefully it doesn't affect Ohio, but a particular scumbag lawyer in
Illinois has forced several Internet retailers to stop shipping to IL
and IN, one of whom is CSW, with a lawsuit. Here's the story:

http://fermentationwineblog.com/2014/12/bottom-feeding-lawyer-goes-wine-sellers-illinois/

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-06-2015, 12:58 AM posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 408
Default TN: Prum, Barde Haut, Breton, Garnier, etc

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 3:51:52 PM UTC-6, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 6/11/15 5:07 PM, DaleW wrote:
On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 9:17:37 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:


I'm finding it harder and harder to find Loire reds in our market
here in Ohio. Perhaps I should look to an internet seller?


Lots of good options, but if they ship to Ohio I'd say Chambers St
Wines is the standard bearer in Loire reds.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...n_america.html


Hopefully it doesn't affect Ohio, but a particular scumbag lawyer in
Illinois has forced several Internet retailers to stop shipping to IL
and IN, one of whom is CSW, with a lawsuit. Here's the story:

http://fermentationwineblog.com/2014/12/bottom-feeding-lawyer-goes-wine-sellers-illinois/

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net


What a load of crap.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[TN] '07 Breton Morgon Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 27-04-2012 03:54 AM
[TN] '05 Breton Clos Sénéchal Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 3 06-09-2010 07:29 AM
TN: My first Petite Arvine, Barde Haut, Camensac DaleW Wine 0 04-10-2008 11:49 PM
TN: 1997 Barde-Haut St.-Em. Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 01-03-2007 05:13 PM
TN: '00 Breton Les Picasses Jim Wine 2 30-01-2006 09:43 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017