Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2011 E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage

2011 E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage ****

This is really good. reminds me of what I like about a good Cornas, except it is half the price, and lacking just the stoniness and some density and grainier tannins. I also recently had Guigal Brune Blonde Cote Rotie and the Hermitage is not as oaky, and it is thus ready to drink. It has a great balance of black fruits, smoky bacon, earth, smooth texture and decent finish. Works great with rustic foods. Compared to other CH's it doesn't have that olive flavor, though. Michalas St Jemms might be a better choice at the same price if that's a must have. Certainly better than the G. Reynaud.