Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2006 Crozes-Hermitage La Chasseliere

2006 Domaine Michelas-St. Jemms Crozes-Hermitage La Chasseliere ****(*)

This is truly amazing. Its hard to think of a better PQR. this is the closest I found to my favourite cornas, but at half the price! while other cornases failed to have the same magical arcane quality of dissolved forest fruit, spanish smoked paprika, katamata olives and earthy finish. it is just granulated stones it is missing. Pop'n' pour it was rather simple, but 2h in decanter made it exceptional! I had the same producer's Cornas Murriette 2006 and I find this one much more balanced, even though it is half the price.. Unfortunately my wife thought it was too overstimulating and "Salty", so she had some leftover pauillac that I didnt like which was like wild strawberries and grass.

--

The Murriette Cornas from this producer I had earlier was the one that started the talk of flavour hostile wine elite. It was the same vintage.

The fav. cornas I talk of is ofc. the Courbis Champelrose 2004, and rmember I thougt the 2009 was a bit harsher than Id think. Also thinking of the 2011 crozes hermitage I reviewed earlier which was recommended as a replacement for the courbis, but I found it harsh and sour. Seems if I leave it to age 6-7 years it will probably get there, and probably I should leave the courbis 2009 3 years before trying again. And while I wait I can drink more of La Chasseliere 2006, which is like a "mini champelrose". Maybe I can add rocks to the decanter to get more stony notes

But with my luck, that one probably will go out of stock soon.