Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Loires, Burgs, Yarra Valley, etc

1989 Domaine de la Mabilliere Vouvray Demi-Sec
A bit sweeter than I remembered, full-fledged demi-sec, baked apple pie, a little waxy note, round for Vouvray. B/B-

2013 Lapierre Morgon
with white beans, leftover barley/mushrooms, spinach, salad.
Beautiful crunchy red fruits, spice and earth. This is what I want in young Beaujolais.B+/A-

2010 Matrot Bougogne (375 ml)
with roast turkey breast, sauteed arugula,
moderate acids, apple and pit fruits, pleasant B

2011 Schiopetto Friulano (Collio)
with quick bouillabaisse (snapper, clams, shrimp, and scallops) and broccoli rabe .
Big, a honied note, a touch clumsy. I've liked this more in past, not sure if it's the match, the bottle, or just me. C+/B

2011 Falkenstein Niedermenninger Sonnenberg Spatburgunder Spatlese Trocken
with bbq chicken, grilled asparagus, sauteed oyster mushrooms, and whole grain Israeli couscous.,
Sour cherry, very bright acids, crisp long finish. Betsy says she likes a lot, a good reason to buy more. B+

2011 Pepiere Muscadet
with a few oysters, the basic Ollivier showed beautifully, saline and citrus, a touch fuller and riper than I expected (I looked to see if I had opened a Briords by mistake), nice length, what a bargain. B++

2012 Bize "Les Champlains " Bourgogne Blanc
with grey sole, potatoes, and salad
Pleasant Chardonnay, crisp fruit, a bit of earth, nice. I think I liked a recent 2011 a bit more. B

2001 Yarra Yerring Dry Red #1
with skirt steak, squash, cauliflower/tomato/pimenton, and couscous.
Warmer redder fruits, a little mint/eucalyptus and iron. Only 12.5% abv. Pretty, easy, if not especially complex. Drink up.B

TN: wines with fresh coq and mo Burgs, S. Africa, Loires,Italians, etc DaleW Wine 3 08-09-2015 08:41 PM
TN: Burgs, Bdx, Loires, Alsace, Ribera Sacra,and Bergerac DaleW Wine 0 19-04-2014 08:30 PM
Aftermath - Yarra Valley, Vic AUSTRALIA st.helier[_1_] Wine 2 23-02-2009 06:21 PM
Burgs and Loires Bill S. Wine 0 04-03-2006 05:41 PM
Tarra Yarra Hunt Wine 8 08-04-2005 02:40 AM