Posted to alt.food.wine

Default "Continental regions" winetasting

2013 Macon Villages, Cote Maconnaise, J. Drouhin **

I normally like chardonnay, because it is not boring like other whites. this is just a boring white, some lemon.

2013 Terrana Rosso, Fattoria Bruno Nicodemi, Italy **

candyfloss on the nose. Sweet juice but better than other cheap offerings.

2013 Cotes du Rhone Villages, Valreas, Dom du Seminaire **

Slight licorice, , cherry, too fresh, acidic, clos du cailliou Bouquet is better.

2013 Errazuriz, Carmenere, Chile **

Was expecting a onestar wine, but it is drinkable. Id never buy it though. it is strange. with dark fruits as I like it, real wine structure (the first today to display "real wine qualities", but than it has this strange note of dog pee and twigs.

2011 Fam. Bianchi Cabernet sauvignon , argentina****(*)

Still purrfect, dark black fruit, dry gainy tannins, earth, chocolate. costs 1:4th of the next one and is just as good. extra star for low price.

2010 Barolo Le Coste, Pecchenino ****

Cherry , rough tannins, must be new style - it is surprisingly close to the cabernet in body and taste - replacing cherry for black fruits, and cutting the finsh short at this point with tannins. needs more age. Looking in maker's notes, confirms 2y in 225L barrigues. I think this will be as nice as the 2003 Andre Oberto I had in Italy if it gets 7 more years, making it a 5star wine at that point.

I didnt buy any of them, because I saw they had gotten 1 bottle of Marimar Estate Pinot Noir. Russian River. Cristina, which they havent had for 2 years and suddenly they had one bottle. Now they have none and I have 3 haha.

Tonight will be Perrin Cornas 2011.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 10:36:45 AM UTC-7, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> 2013 Macon Villages, Cote Maconnaise, J. Drouhin **
>
> I normally like chardonnay, because it is not boring like other whites. this is just a boring white, some lemon.
>
> 2013 Terrana Rosso, Fattoria Bruno Nicodemi, Italy **
>
> candyfloss on the nose. Sweet juice but better than other cheap offerings..
>
> 2013 Cotes du Rhone Villages, Valreas, Dom du Seminaire **
>
> Slight licorice, , cherry, too fresh, acidic, clos du cailliou Bouquet is better.
>
> 2013 Errazuriz, Carmenere, Chile **
>
> Was expecting a onestar wine, but it is drinkable. Id never buy it though.. it is strange. with dark fruits as I like it, real wine structure (the first today to display "real wine qualities", but than it has this strange note of dog pee and twigs.
>
> 2011 Fam. Bianchi Cabernet sauvignon , argentina****(*)
>
> Still purrfect, dark black fruit, dry gainy tannins, earth, chocolate. costs 1:4th of the next one and is just as good. extra star for low price.
>
> 2010 Barolo Le Coste, Pecchenino ****
>
> Cherry , rough tannins, must be new style - it is surprisingly close to the cabernet in body and taste - replacing cherry for black fruits, and cutting the finsh short at this point with tannins. needs more age. Looking in maker's notes, confirms 2y in 225L barrigues. I think this will be as nice as the 2003 Andre Oberto I had in Italy if it gets 7 more years, making it a 5star wine at that point.
>

> I didnt buy any of them, because I saw they had gotten 1 bottle of Marimar Estate Pinot Noir. Russian River. Cristina, which they havent had for 2 years and suddenly they had one bottle. Now they have none and I have 3 haha..
>
> Tonight will be Perrin Cornas 2011.

You like Chardonnay because it's not boring. Don't get that as most of them other than Chablis are pretty uninteresting to me. I like Spanish, Greek, and Italian whites because they are intersting.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 1:32:04 AM UTC+1, lleichtman wrote:

> You like Chardonnay because it's not boring. Don't get that as most of them other than Chablis are pretty uninteresting to me. I like Spanish, Greek, and Italian whites because they are interesting.

Last tasting was "coastal" theme and most wines were whites, none chardonnay, I gave a lot of 1 star marks that day.

I Like an italian white from tuscany that is chardonnay, haha.

I like argentina chards and napa chards. Rombauer/Graham style. Kistler. I recently bought a Gramay chard that the storeowner swore would be at least as good if not better than kistler, at half the price.

I have a 1997 Chablis 1er cru Meligny Shaume that I guess I should soon dig into.

Spanish white is hard to find. I do know LdH and its very good for the price. Dont know any other. Ah Ive seen Marq. Riscal around. I should check it out.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 1:32:04 AM UTC+1, lleichtman wrote:
> You like Chardonnay because it's not boring. Don't get that as most of them other than Chablis are pretty uninteresting to me. I like Spanish, Greek, and Italian whites because they are interesting.

Ah yes there's also that reserve pinot gris from Alsace that was interesting. But it is rare I find good whites thats not buttery chard. I see increasing "unoaked chard" popping up. there should be a law against that haha
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 9:48:19 AM UTC+1, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> I like argentina chards and napa chards. Rombauer/Graham style. Kistler. I recently bought a Gramay chard that the storeowner swore would be at least as good if not better than kistler, at half the price.

Its Ramay russian river.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 1:51:47 AM UTC-7, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 9:48:19 AM UTC+1, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> > I like argentina chards and napa chards. Rombauer/Graham style. Kistler. I recently bought a Gramay chard that the storeowner swore would be at least as good if not better than kistler, at half the price.

> Its Ramay russian river.

Ramey not Ramay and the Hyde and Hudson are expensive.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 8:43:21 PM UTC+1, lleichtman wrote:
> > Its Ramay russian river.

> Ramey not Ramay and the Hyde and Hudson are expensive.

I paid 43$ for the russian river. seems only 3$ over the list price, not bad for danish pricing. in average it is 1.5x