Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Inside wines, outside wines - Loire, Beaujolais, Chablis, Argentina

Stormy day, stormy night, by time I finished work and stopped by store was having trouble envisioning a main, got a rotisserie chicken (actually not bad, just oversalted). Threw together a kale/tomato/chipotle braise, and opened the 2013 Thomas-Labaille "L'Authentique" Sancerre Rose. This is a serious structured pink PN, perfect for a stormy night and chicken (might be less enthused at a picnic). White cherry, citrus zest, chalky finish. Good acids, long. Very enjoyable, and the rare rose I don't think needs to be drunk this summer. B+/A-

Betsy was back Wednesday, Dave joined us with friends and family for a picnic at a jazz concert on lawn at the Masters School. I had made a grilled seafood salad (shrimp, squid, scallops, cannellini, arugula) and a caprese salad; others offered pasta with pesto, shrimp, etc.

2007 Christian Moreau "Les Clos" Chablis Grand Cru
Showing very well- some real development, but thankfully no hint of PremOx. Full, rich but crisp, white fruits and citrus, flinty finish. Very long, very Chablis, very good. A-

2013 Terres Dorees (JP Brun) "Rose de Folie" Beaujolais
Light, easy, strawberries, fun. B

2013 Susana Balbo "Crios" Rose
Very ripe, somewhat plodding and heavy , maybe best if I had with some hearty food but on its own not what I look for in rose. C+

NV (?) Plouzeau "Perles Fines"
Very pale copper, Fred says this is 100% Cab Franc. Moderate petillance, citrusy, fresh, I really thought this was fun and different. B+/B