Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Weekend with CA friends

Foodie friends in from the Bay Area, unfortunately complications
prevented us from getting together with Prof Lipton also, on this side of
the pond for a few days. Next time!

Saint Juste Crémant NV. Racy chenin, tight acidity, citrus, lemon peel,
green apple, good mousse, good stuff. B+

Jasnières, Pascal Janvier 2010. Mostly used in the navarin but I had a
glass. Tropical fruits and good acids, honey comb, tad thin. B-

With navarin d'agneaux aux asperges violettes: Chateauneuf du Pape Roger
Perrin 2005 (magnum). Fine full CdP, still in its youth but not
sleeping, black cherries and chocolate, very fleshy, not jammy, good
length. Handled the mild asparagus with ease. A.

With roti de gigue de marcassin aux griottes, peas with beurre blanc,
charlotte potatoes: 2006 Ch. Gloria (magnum). For one of our guests
named Gloria. Unfortunately didn't stand up to the fantastic marcassin,
which was very tender and mild. Restrained red fruit, bony, some leather
and graphite, short. A faulty bottle? C+.

-E

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, June 30, 2014 10:02:44 AM UTC-6, Emery Davis` wrote:
> Foodie friends in from the Bay Area, unfortunately complications
>
> prevented us from getting together with Prof Lipton also, on this side of
>
> the pond for a few days. Next time!
>

> Saint Juste Crémant NV. Racy chenin, tight acidity, citrus, lemon peel,
>
> green apple, good mousse, good stuff. B+
>

> Jasnières, Pascal Janvier 2010. Mostly used in the navarin but I had a
>
> glass. Tropical fruits and good acids, honey comb, tad thin. B-
>

> With navarin d'agneaux aux asperges violettes: Chateauneuf du Pape Roger
>
> Perrin 2005 (magnum). Fine full CdP, still in its youth but not
>
> sleeping, black cherries and chocolate, very fleshy, not jammy, good
>
> length. Handled the mild asparagus with ease. A.
>

> With roti de gigue de marcassin aux griottes, peas with beurre blanc,
>
> charlotte potatoes: 2006 Ch. Gloria (magnum). For one of our guests
>
> named Gloria. Unfortunately didn't stand up to the fantastic marcassin,
>
> which was very tender and mild. Restrained red fruit, bony, some leather
>
> and graphite, short. A faulty bottle? C+.
>

> -E
>

> --
>
> Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Sounds like a bad bottle although on tasting a Gloria 2006 in March, it was still very tight.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:31:00 -0700, lleichtman wrote:

> Sounds like a bad bottle although on tasting a Gloria 2006 in March, it
> was still very tight.

It was tight all right, but I think you're probably right. Being in a
mag it had plenty of time to open.

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net