Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: wines al fresco (Burg, Jura, Rioja, Loire, etc)

Bugs on sale at Stew's, so I threw together a lobster/corn/tomato salad for our picnic at jazz concert. Lovely night on the lawn, with:

2007 Pernot Puligny-Montrachet
Showing very well, no sign of premox, pear and citrus framed by the lightest touch of oak, good acids, good length, just what I'd want in village Puligny. B+/A-

2006 Pinon "Cuvee Tradtion" Vouvray
Sec-tendre, tropical and melon fruit, light honied notes, just a hint of wool. Nice length, fun wine. B+

2013 L'Enclos rose (Cotes de Gascogne)
Light bodied, good acids, berry fruit, pleasant, a touch dilute. B-

Last night we gathered the hound and hiked over the hill to some friends' home. Their poodle recently passed away, and Lucy was a little confused as she ran around house looking for her friend. But we gave her a bone and that kept her concentration focused as we had a pleasant dinner on the deck. Betsy had made bruschetta with my garlic scape pesto topped with white beans and pancetta, which we enjoyed with 2 pinks

2013 Chais St. Laurent Chinon rose
Nice cherry/berry flavors, but lacking in acid for a rose, and a bit short. B-/C+

NV Chidaine Touraine Brut Rose
This is an old favorite, but didn't show quite as well as previous bottles. . It's the last of last years shipment, and seemed less vibrant than the past. Drink up and buy the new batch. B-

Dinner was spareribs with lemon, rosemary and lemon, along with green beans and tomato as well as a salad

2004 Muga Rioja Reserva
Red fruits, some tannin, oak pretty obvious but not as annoying as last time I had this. Good length, needs some leg of lamb, B

2011 Tissot Arbois Chardonnay
Pear and white peach, a little hint of vanilla, dry, full, long, stands up to the meat. B+