Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1998 Ducru Becaillou for father's day

Decided to open for Father's day, double decanted, with grilled steak, potatoes and green beans (all perfect barbecue food for me). Slight funk in the nose, resolved to cedar, cocoa, and dark fruit. Remarkably light for 15 year-old Bordeaux. Tannins almost completely resolved. Nice complexity with good finish. Good now but does not seem like a wine that will hold up for a long time. Drinking well now.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, June 16, 2014 11:34:41 AM UTC-4, lleichtman wrote:
> Decided to open for Father's day, double decanted, with grilled steak, potatoes and green beans (all perfect barbecue food for me). Slight funk in the nose, resolved to cedar, cocoa, and dark fruit. Remarkably light for 15 year-old Bordeaux. Tannins almost completely resolved. Nice complexity with good finish. Good now but does not seem like a wine that will hold up for a long time. Drinking well now.

Never tried the 1998. I still have a fair amount of 1995 and 1996 in the cellar that are drinking well. I have 2 mags of 1982 that I will be opening soon and a couple cases of 2000. I always enjoyed the wine.

TN: mucho Ducru DaleW Wine 1 11-11-2011 11:19 PM
1996 Ducru Bi!! Wine 10 26-10-2011 02:00 AM
TN: '66 Ducru, several Champagnes, many more DaleW Wine 0 08-10-2006 02:44 AM
1998 Branaire Ducru Wine 2 10-06-2004 03:00 AM
78 Batailley, 70 Ducru Bill Spohn Wine 2 14-12-2003 08:42 PM