Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1 Oz, 3 Old World

With grilled teriyaki salmon, broccoli salad, and arugula, the 2011 Chermette/Vissoux "Les Trois Roches" Moulin a Vent. Nice showing, there's a tiny hint of geranium but not dominant or offputting, crunchy red fruits, nice structure, smoked meat, tasty. B+

I picked up David at JFK Saturday, and that evening he joined us for a drink on the front porch before dinner. The NV Clotilde Davenne Cremant de Bourgogne Extra Brut Rose. Full, red-fruited, lemon zest, dough. Dry, full, nice finish. I like this more that the Davenne white bubbly. B+/B

Dinner was herbed skirt steak, corn, black barley, and mushrooms (shiitake and both blue & yellow oyster), the 2002 Yarra Yering Dry Red #1, Dave said it's the first time he ever remembered me serving an Australian wine on my own. This is scarcely a gobby wine- 12.4% abv. Medium bodied, some tannin, balanced, black plum and cassis, lots of spicy notes. Not super-complex, but perfect with meat on the patio. B+

Thai clams (lemongrass, garlic chives, cilantro, etc), soba with scallion/ginger/miso/cukes, and garden lettuce, and the 2010 Schloss Lieser Riesling QbA. Green apple, peach, good acids, a touch short. B-