Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Mendocino, Chablis, Etna, and Niederosterreich

Cooking wine this week was the 2012 Berger Gruner Veltliner, but I managed to get a few tastes in. lightbodied, lemon cream, a hint of spritz, good for the $13/liter tag. B-/B

Dinner was halibut in a cabbage and white bean sauce, with the 2011
Barat "Monts de Milieu" Chablis 1er. Mid-bodied, mid-acids, lemon and a bit of flint. Good not great. B

Friday was spicy turkey burgers, sauteed arugula, and a grilled sweet potato/scallion salad. Wine was the 2012 Dashe "Heart Arrow Ranch- Les Enfants Terribles" Zinfandel (more of these rebellious children? I remember when it was just one). Bright acids, raspberry fruit, some light earth/forest floor notes, light to medium bodied, very lively. Probably wouldn't pick as Zinfandel blind, but a fun wine. B+

Saturday we had an early dinner of grilled Montauk swordfish and leftovers sides before going to an excellent jazz concert. Wine was the 2011 Terre Nere "Cuvee delle Vigne Niche" Etna Bianco. Good pairing with the swordfish, pear and citrus, chalky, lightly framed with oak, well-balanced. I liked even more when I tried after concert. B+/A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

TN: Champagne, Franconia, El Dorado, Etna, Chablis DaleW Wine 0 02-08-2014 06:29 PM
TN: Etna and Burgundy DaleW Wine 0 24-01-2009 05:36 PM
Mendocino BC TechMyst Beer 2 25-12-2006 04:51 AM
[FAQ] 3b. Mendocino travel advice Mark Lipton Wine 4 03-10-2006 03:57 AM
TN: Pessac, Bourgueil, Macon, and Mendocino DaleW Wine 0 04-08-2006 11:38 PM