FoodBanter.com

-   -   Thank you and Merry/Happy Christmas to all (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/426879-thank-you-merry-happy.html)

Joseph Coulter[_10_] 23-12-2013 04:07 AM

Thank you and Merry/Happy Christmas to all

Over the years this gruop has been so many things but most of all it has
been a place to meet new people and to expand our knowledge. Ian and
Andrew our Father figures, Dale and Mark our earnest and excited
brothers, Joe, may he rest in peace, our wacky uncle with his tales of
wondrous things and 2000 year old wine merchants. There are others I am
sure, but time is too short to mention: Santiago, Emery, Bi!!, so many I
raise a glass to each and every one to those who I have forgotten, and
those I have never really known and say Merry/Happy Christmas now and
more to come. May we all dare to buy a first growth Bdx and we may live
to enjoy the tasting notes.
--
Joseph Coulter

Bi!! 23-12-2013 07:15 PM

On Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:07:42 PM UTC-5, Joseph Coulter wrote:
> Over the years this gruop has been so many things but most of all it has
>
> been a place to meet new people and to expand our knowledge. Ian and
>
> Andrew our Father figures, Dale and Mark our earnest and excited
>
> brothers, Joe, may he rest in peace, our wacky uncle with his tales of
>
> wondrous things and 2000 year old wine merchants. There are others I am
>
> sure, but time is too short to mention: Santiago, Emery, Bi!!, so many I
>
> raise a glass to each and every one to those who I have forgotten, and
>
> those I have never really known and say Merry/Happy Christmas now and
>
> more to come. May we all dare to buy a first growth Bdx and we may live
>
> to enjoy the tasting notes.
>
> --
>
> Joseph Coulter

Merry Christmas and enjoy!

Emery Davis` 23-12-2013 07:16 PM

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:07:42 -0500, Joseph Coulter wrote:

> Over the years this gruop has been so many things but most of all it has
> been a place to meet new people and to expand our knowledge. Ian and
> Andrew our Father figures, Dale and Mark our earnest and excited
> brothers, Joe, may he rest in peace, our wacky uncle with his tales of
> wondrous things and 2000 year old wine merchants. There are others I am
> sure, but time is too short to mention: Santiago, Emery, Bi!!, so many I
> raise a glass to each and every one to those who I have forgotten, and
> those I have never really known and say Merry/Happy Christmas now and
> more to come. May we all dare to buy a first growth Bdx and we may live
> to enjoy the tasting notes.

Happy holidays to you too, Joe, and to all afw. May your Rhones be tarry
and your Rieslings zingy!

(At first I read: "buy first growth Bdx", then saw the essential
qualifying article. I sure don't buy 1st growth in the plural!)

cheers,

-E

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Joseph Coulter[_10_] 23-12-2013 10:21 PM

On 12/23/2013 1:16 PM, Emery Davis` wrote:
> Happy holidays to you too, Joe, and to all afw. May your Rhones be tarry
> and your Rieslings zingy!

and may all your chateauneuf be white!

--
Joseph Coulter

Charles Milton Ling 24-12-2013 02:59 AM

On 23.12.2013 04:07, Joseph Coulter wrote:
> Over the years this gruop has been so many things but most of all it has
> been a place to meet new people and to expand our knowledge. Ian and
> Andrew our Father figures, Dale and Mark our earnest and excited
> brothers, Joe, may he rest in peace, our wacky uncle with his tales of
> wondrous things and 2000 year old wine merchants. There are others I am
> sure, but time is too short to mention: Santiago, Emery, Bi!!, so many I
> raise a glass to each and every one to those who I have forgotten, and
> those I have never really known and say Merry/Happy Christmas now and
> more to come. May we all dare to buy a first growth Bdx and we may live
> to enjoy the tasting notes.

New here, but gladly absorbing knowledge and generally enjoying myself.
Santé!

Charley

--
Charles Milton Ling
Vienna, Austria

santiago 24-12-2013 10:44 AM

Thank you and Merry/Happy Christmas to all

Merry Christmas to all, and let's hope that all of us afw regulars have a
great personal harvest in 2014.

s.

Sheila Page[_2_] 24-12-2013 10:55 AM

Thank you and Merry/Happy Christmas to all

In message >, Charles Milton Ling
> writes
>On 23.12.2013 04:07, Joseph Coulter wrote:
>> Over the years this gruop has been so many things but most of all it has
>> been a place to meet new people and to expand our knowledge. Ian and
>> Andrew our Father figures, Dale and Mark our earnest and excited
>> brothers, Joe, may he rest in peace, our wacky uncle with his tales of
>> wondrous things and 2000 year old wine merchants. There are others I am
>> sure, but time is too short to mention: Santiago, Emery, Bi!!, so many I
>> raise a glass to each and every one to those who I have forgotten, and
>> those I have never really known and say Merry/Happy Christmas now and
>> more to come. May we all dare to buy a first growth Bdx and we may live
>> to enjoy the tasting notes.

>New here, but gladly absorbing knowledge and generally enjoying myself.
>Santé!
>
>Charley

Charley speaks for many of us in thanking the regulars.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all,
--
---
Sheila Page

Emery Davis` 24-12-2013 12:53 PM

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:21:21 -0500, Joseph Coulter wrote:

> On 12/23/2013 1:16 PM, Emery Davis` wrote:
>> Happy holidays to you too, Joe, and to all afw. May your Rhones be
>> tarry and your Rieslings zingy!

> and may all your chateauneuf be white!

Hey, I like white Chateauneuf, but that sounds close to a curse! :)

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net