FoodBanter.com

-   -   2000 Elio Grasso Barolo Ginestra "Casa Mate" (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/426373-2000-elio-grasso-barolo.html)

Bi!! 18-11-2013 05:55 PM

2000 Elio Grasso Barolo Ginestra "Casa Mate"

I grilled veal chops before the weather hit and opened a bottle of 2000 Elio Grasso Barolo Ginestra "Casa Mate". I didn't have a decanter handy but I did open it an hour before serving and poured a glass upon opening. Medium ruby with a hint of brick in the color. Very fragrant nose of red cherries,flowers, exotic spices and chamomile tea. Fairly upfront flavors of tart cherry, red raspberry, earthy minerals and cinnamon. The wine was still fairly tannic in an old style Barolo way but quite enjoyable and at under $50 a good QPR for Barolo. "B++"