Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: White from Loire & Mosel, Pink from Piedmont, and Red from Graves

Monday Betsy made a delicious smoky (bacon and pimenton) clams and corn dish, plus Spanish style tomato bread (plus a little leftover crab salad as an appetizer). Wine was the
2011 Clos Roche Blanche “#2” Touraine Sauvignon. Snappy, fun, with grapefruit pith and lemon over an apple base, well balanced. B++

Tuesday she made potato salad, while I grilled some leg of lamb. The 1979 Domaine de Chevalier (Graves) is a wine I’ve posted lots of notes on. Drinking very well, don’t think these will fade anytime soon, but I’m approaching the last few of my stash. Pretty red and black fruit, cigarbox/tobacco notes, a bit of leather, good acids, just a hint of tannin. Classic Graves claret. A-

Wednesday I went to the park concert bearing wine and leftovers (lamb, tzatiki, salad, and potato salad), plus a watermelon and feta salad. A couple of wines

2010 Schloss Lieser Riesling QbA
A touch of sweetness, peachy fruit, ginger, nice balance if not terribly complex. B

2012 Burlotto “Elatis” Rosato
Mostly Nebbiolo, with some Barbera and a little Pelaverga (new grape to me).. Spice, red fruits, bigger style of rose, a nice bitter edge. Perfect with the cold lamb, and does ok Thursday with a Margherita pizza. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

TN: on a hot streak- 5 wines I like (Corsica, Burgundy, Mosel,Piedmont, and Loire) DaleW Wine 2 05-02-2014 09:09 PM
TN: White Burg, pink Loire, and liver DaleW Wine 2 10-06-2010 02:24 PM
TN: 2 Macons, Loire Rose, Graves, Rheingau DaleW Wine 0 06-06-2010 10:10 PM
TN: 1988 Graves, 2007 Mosel DaleW Wine 0 07-05-2010 07:11 PM
TN: Haut Medocs, Barbaresco, Loire, Rheingau, CA, Graves DaleW Wine 0 15-11-2009 07:43 PM