Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Wines by the river (Oregon, Loire, Chablis, etc)

A cool and cloudy day, and our local jazz concert series returned to the riverfront park. Lovely night with good friends (and smoked salmon, cheeses, charcuterie, sardines, watermelon/feta salad, caprese, cole slaw). Many wines sampled

NV Henriot Champagne Brut (375)
Toasty and I think tired, not sure this is freshest bottle around. C+/B-

2010 Pepiere “Clisson” Muscadet
Just delicious. Saline and oyster shell, full, long, tangy. A-/B+

2010 Picq Chablis Vieilles Vignes
Surprisingly ripe and round, this could use more zip and precision, nice pear flavors, good Chard but not sure I would have guessed Chablis. B

2011 La Val Albarino
Lemony, edge of sweetness, modest acids. B-

1995 Joquet “Clos du Chene Vert” Chinon
Very good, ripe dark berries, a bit of barnyard, some light tobacco/herbal notes, wish this wasn't last one. B+/A-

1997 Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir Reserve
Low expectations, Ned said he inherited from someone who stored in garage. It actually didn’t show any obvious heat damage, fairly fleshy red fruit with a little smokey edge. I didn’t love this, but it was far better than I expected, B/B-

Good to be with friends by the Hudson.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 2:41:19 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> A cool and cloudy day, and our local jazz concert series returned to the riverfront park. Lovely night with good friends (and smoked salmon, cheeses, charcuterie, sardines, watermelon/feta salad, caprese, cole slaw). Many wines sampled
>

> NV Henriot Champagne Brut (375)
>
> Toasty and I think tired, not sure this is freshest bottle around. C+/B-
>

> 2010 Pepiere “Clisson” Muscadet
>
> Just delicious. Saline and oyster shell, full, long, tangy. A-/B+
>

> 2010 Picq Chablis Vieilles Vignes
>
> Surprisingly ripe and round, this could use more zip and precision, nice pear flavors, good Chard but not sure I would have guessed Chablis. B
>

> 2011 La Val Albarino
>
> Lemony, edge of sweetness, modest acids. B-
>

> 1995 Joquet “Clos du Chene Vert” Chinon
>
> Very good, ripe dark berries, a bit of barnyard, some light tobacco/herbal notes, wish this wasn't last one. B+/A-
>

> 1997 Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir Reserve
>
> Low expectations, Ned said he inherited from someone who stored in garage.. It actually didn’t show any obvious heat damage, fairly fleshy red fruit with a little smokey edge. I didn’t love this, but it was far better than I expected, B/B-
>

> Good to be with friends by the Hudson.
>

> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Forgot one
2010 Bouges "Les Cots Hauts"
Fred blinded us, I got Loire on first guess and Cot on second (first was knowing fred, once established the color made Cot easy). Blackberries, juicy, prickly, light tannins, I like. B/B+