Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Atlantic City wines (Albariño, Vouvray)

Jean, Andy and I repaired to Atlantic City for the Memorial Day weekend
to be in close proximity to Jean's niece in NJ who just gave birth (and
who Jean is helping for the next week). Sunday night, we went out to
Buddakan, a Steven Silver pan-Asian restaurant in the Caesar's Palace
complex in AC, where we had a fantastic meal. As part of that dinner,
we had a few wines:

2011 Martin Codax Albariño
pleasant if a bit dilute, a tad herbal but not too exciting

2011 Sauvion Vouvray demi-sec
I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but this was a very attractive Chenin
with good acidity, plenty of applish-citrus fruit and an overall sense
of balance and food friendliness. Almost sec-tendre in its sense of
dryness. Is this a case of a rising tide raising all boats?

Mark Lipton