Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 89 Domaine du Dragon Vouvray

So the oxidization of later vintages got me a little real and with left
over chicken curry I pulled out this one. Cork moldy and fragile but it
came out whole and in good shape where it counts. The wine was not as
fruity as I remembered last time (about 5-6 years) when it probably was
peaking. This is a fairly off dry (tendre) version of Vouvray but even
tonight rich and full in the mouth. The finish was a little odd/short
but all in all still in better shape that I had feared. One more bottle
of this so I better get to it quickly though I think the other bottle is
in better shape, that is why I took this one.
--
Joseph Coulter

Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 89 Domaine du VIKING Vouvray

Dragon is a Rhone IIRC this was Viking sorry for the mixup
On 5/18/2013 9:49 PM, Joseph Coulter wrote:
> So the oxidization of later vintages got me a little real and with left
> over chicken curry I pulled out this one. Cork moldy and fragile but it
> came out whole and in good shape where it counts. The wine was not as
> fruity as I remembered last time (about 5-6 years) when it probably was
> peaking. This is a fairly off dry (tendre) version of Vouvray but even
> tonight rich and full in the mouth. The finish was a little odd/short
> but all in all still in better shape that I had feared. One more bottle
> of this so I better get to it quickly though I think the other bottle is
> in better shape, that is why I took this one.

--
Joseph Coulter

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/18/2013 10:08 PM, Joseph Coulter wrote:
> Dragon is a Rhone IIRC this was Viking sorry for the mixup
> On 5/18/2013 9:49 PM, Joseph Coulter wrote:
>> So the oxidization of later vintages got me a little real and with left
>> over chicken curry I pulled out this one. Cork moldy and fragile but it
>> came out whole and in good shape where it counts. The wine was not as
>> fruity as I remembered last time (about 5-6 years) when it probably was
>> peaking. This is a fairly off dry (tendre) version of Vouvray but even
>> tonight rich and full in the mouth. The finish was a little odd/short
>> but all in all still in better shape that I had feared. One more bottle
>> of this so I better get to it quickly though I think the other bottle is
>> in better shape, that is why I took this one.

OK Dragon is actually a cotes du provence wine, still good and still not
what I opened last night

--
Joseph Coulter

Dragon fruit notbob General Cooking 4 18-10-2010 09:17 PM
Ever heard of 'Dragon Spring' or 'Dragon Fountain'? TBerk Tea 2 13-07-2008 02:41 PM
My Red Dragon Pie MOMPEAGRAM Recipes (moderated) 0 23-04-2006 05:13 AM
nine bend dragon Jenn Tea 5 26-10-2005 02:47 PM
Red Dragon Pie MOMPEAGRAM Recipes 0 23-07-2005 12:40 AM