Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 88 Merseault Dennis Boussey

Came across this village wine well hidden in the cellar, thought it might
be dead, but otherwise might be a decent match with mackerel and white
asparagus with sorrel hollandaise. It was amazingly far from dead.

In the glass a deep gold, with a nose of vanilla cream and figs. Well
balanced acidity but still quite fleshy, overtones of citrus, custard,
green figs and nuts. Really quite lovely without aspiring to top level
complexity, and a real surprise.

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 18, 7:55*pm, Emery Davis` > wrote:
> Came across this village wine well hidden in the cellar, thought it might
> be dead, but otherwise might be a decent match with mackerel and white
> asparagus with sorrel hollandaise. It was amazingly far from dead.
>
> In the glass a deep gold, with a nose of vanilla cream and figs. *Well
> balanced acidity but still quite fleshy, overtones of citrus, custard,
> green figs and nuts. *Really quite lovely without aspiring to top level
> complexity, and a real surprise.
>
> --
> Questions about wine? Check the FAQ.http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I love it when I find those long forgotten wines in my cellar and get
a nice surprise.