Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] 2011 Coudert Cuvee Christal

Jean has come down in favor of lighter-bodied, less structured,
red-fruited Gamay-based wines, so many of the better Cru Beaujolais stay
in the cellar for the nonce. Meanwhile, we still love our Gamay chez
nous, so, with a dinner of grilled lamb, I opened:

2011 Alain Coudert (Clos de la Roilette) Cuvée Christal
nose: cranberries, minerals
palate: light, vivid acidity

Although Clos de la Roilette is one of the most ageworthy Cru Beaujolais
that I know of, M. Coudert makes this cuvée from a parcel of vines
located in the center of Fleurie AOC (the majority of his vines are in a
section of Fleurie that abuts Moulin-a-Vent and shares its
manganese-rich clay soil) and intends it for near-term drinking. This
wine succeeds brilliantly in that regard and hits Jean's sweet spot.

Mark Lipton

TN: Thanksgiving with Bea, Coudert, Donnhoff, Mondavi, and others DaleW Wine 0 29-11-2013 09:32 PM
[TN] Red wines in scorching weather (Coudert, Baudry) Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 12-07-2012 04:38 PM
TN: Dinner with Alain Coudert's Brother-in-law-in-law Mark Lipton Wine 7 19-09-2006 07:40 PM
TN: '04 Coudert Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 29-08-2005 07:27 PM
FA: LOUIS ROEDERER Christal Champagne Vintage 1979 SEALED [email protected] General 0 07-02-2005 04:11 AM