Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] 2011 Navarro Dry Gewurztraminer

With a dinner of Shrimp Uggi (as approximated by Jean), I originally
opened a bottle of 2011 Marnes Blanches Cote de Jura Rosé that, after a
few sips, started smelling corked to us. As a backup I opened:

2011 Navarro Dry Gewurztraminer
nose: roses, lychee, minerals
palate: intensely fruity, dry, crisp acidity

We've had many vintages of this wine, but this edition stands out as
probably the finest expression of this grape I've had from California.
Varietally correct, reasonably dry and with plenty of intensity, this
wine could rival much of what comes from Alsace. A very nice match with
the spiciness of the Shrimp Uggi, too!

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

I like Navarro, esp. the dry Gewurz, but not something I see much in my market (a quick look at w-searcher shows the 09 at $25 at a local shop, but not one I frequent).