Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Some recent wines

Over the past month, we've consumed a number of wines with meals, the
notes of which are shown below. Most of these wines were imported by
Selection Massale, a small importer of "natural" wines in San Leandro,
CA, that is run by some Internet acquaintances of mine.

*2006 Domaine Dupasquier Vin de Savoie Pinot* - France, Savoie, Vin de
Savoie (1/31/2013)
This was an absolutely lovely expression of the Pinot Noir grape, almost
ethereally light yet packed with flavor both fruity and mineral. Yet the
flavor profile put me in mind of Pinot Noir from Carneros, albeit with
far greater acid cut and more minerality.

*2008 Domaine Dupasquier Gamay Vin de Savoie* - France, Savoie, Vin de
Savoie (1/31/2013)
Lightweight yet flavorful, with typical Gamay acidity. When I smelled
the wine, however, it brought to mind Steve Edmunds's lovely Bone-Jolly
wines, which is no faint praise but quite surprising for a French
Gamay.</li>

*2009 Domaine Le Bout du Monde Côtes du Roussillon Villages Hop La* -
France, Languedoc Roussillon, Roussillon, Côtes du Roussillon Villages
(1/31/2013)*
Imagine a midweight Chateauneuf with a much racier mouthfeel and that's
what you've got here. It's got the Bretty funk of a good CNdP and a
similar cherryish fruit profile (that doesn't, however, veer into cherry
liqueur territory) but has got great acidity and a lighter body. All in
all, an outstanding wine and dynamite with red meat.

*NV Pascal Potaire Touraine Les Capriades Piège à filles rosé* - France,
Loire Valley, Touraine (1/31/2013)
So much fun: lightweight, bright pink, dry, acidic fizz. What's not to
love? Not a wine to contemplate overmuch, but hell of fun and a great
bottle for a hot summer's day with some BBQ. It's produced from both Côt
(Malbec) and Gamay.

*2007 Domaine Denis Bachelet Côte de Nuits Villages* - France, Burgundy,
Côte de Nuits, Côte de Nuits Villages (12/21/2012)
Quite tight right out of the bottle, but aeration actually seemed to
close it down harder. With some time, though, it fleshed out a bit.
Initially, mostly pencil lead and tart raspberry, growing more expansive
and rounder with time. This is wine that definitely needs more time.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, February 1, 2013 12:26:09 AM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Over the past month, we've consumed a number of wines with meals, the
>
> notes of which are shown below. Most of these wines were imported by
>
> Selection Massale, a small importer of "natural" wines in San Leandro,
>
> CA, that is run by some Internet acquaintances of mine.
>

> *2006 Domaine Dupasquier Vin de Savoie Pinot* - France, Savoie, Vin de
>
> Savoie (1/31/2013)
>
> This was an absolutely lovely expression of the Pinot Noir grape, almost
>
> ethereally light yet packed with flavor both fruity and mineral. Yet the
>
> flavor profile put me in mind of Pinot Noir from Carneros, albeit with
>
> far greater acid cut and more minerality.
>

> *2008 Domaine Dupasquier Gamay Vin de Savoie* - France, Savoie, Vin de
>
> Savoie (1/31/2013)
>
> Lightweight yet flavorful, with typical Gamay acidity. When I smelled
>
> the wine, however, it brought to mind Steve Edmunds's lovely Bone-Jolly
>
> wines, which is no faint praise but quite surprising for a French
>
> Gamay.</li>
>

> *2009 Domaine Le Bout du Monde Côtes du Roussillon Villages Hop La* -
>
> France, Languedoc Roussillon, Roussillon, Côtes du Roussillon Villages
>
> (1/31/2013)*
>
> Imagine a midweight Chateauneuf with a much racier mouthfeel and that's
>
> what you've got here. It's got the Bretty funk of a good CNdP and a
>
> similar cherryish fruit profile (that doesn't, however, veer into cherry
>
> liqueur territory) but has got great acidity and a lighter body. All in
>
> all, an outstanding wine and dynamite with red meat.
>

> *NV Pascal Potaire Touraine Les Capriades Piège à filles rosé* - France,
>
> Loire Valley, Touraine (1/31/2013)
>
> So much fun: lightweight, bright pink, dry, acidic fizz. What's not to
>
> love? Not a wine to contemplate overmuch, but hell of fun and a great
>
> bottle for a hot summer's day with some BBQ. It's produced from both Côt
>
> (Malbec) and Gamay.
>

> *2007 Domaine Denis Bachelet Côte de Nuits Villages* - France, Burgundy,
>
> Côte de Nuits, Côte de Nuits Villages (12/21/2012)
>
> Quite tight right out of the bottle, but aeration actually seemed to
>
> close it down harder. With some time, though, it fleshed out a bit.
>
> Initially, mostly pencil lead and tart raspberry, growing more expansive
>
> and rounder with time. This is wine that definitely needs more time.
>

> Mark Lipton

Thanks for notes, the Dupasquier wines sound work seeking out. Not sure if I have the Bachelet CdNV , but the 07 Gevrey defintely needs time.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mark Lipton > wrote in news:kefjlh$233$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

> *2006 Domaine Dupasquier Vin de Savoie Pinot* -
>
> *2008 Domaine Dupasquier Gamay Vin de Savoie* -

Mark, I have had some whites from this producer and they are really
interesting,with a lot of personality. A 2004 Altesse produced under the
AOC Roussette de Savoie designation was really intriguing.

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

santiago wrote:
> Mark Lipton > wrote in news:kefjlh$233$1
> @speranza.aioe.org:
>
>> *2006 Domaine Dupasquier Vin de Savoie Pinot* -
>>
>> *2008 Domaine Dupasquier Gamay Vin de Savoie* -

> Mark, I have had some whites from this producer and they are really
> interesting,with a lot of personality. A 2004 Altesse produced under the
> AOC Roussette de Savoie designation was really intriguing.
>
> s.

Thanks, Santiago. I've only seen their reds, and I still have their
Mondeuse to try.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 2/1/13 10:40 PM, DaleW wrote:

> Thanks for notes, the Dupasquier wines sound work seeking out. Not
> sure if I have the Bachelet CdNV , but the 07 Gevrey defintely needs
> time.

Hmmm... I see that my posts are appearing double spaced to you. I'll
see if I can fix that in future. Regarding the '07 Bachelet: I was
frankly shocked at how shut down it seemed. I'd figured '07 to be one
of those recent vintages for near-term drinking. That shows you what I
know. Back to those '89s for me...

Mark Lipton